Cunard website/VP problems(Merged threads)

lissie

11 minutes ago, Roger Ackroyd said:

... The “feedback” tab on the left hand side offers a choice of specific or generic feedback on the website. Don’t choose specific as it locks you on the page and asks you to touch the page which you need to report. It doesn’t work. ...

Interesting to hear you are having problems with the specific feedback function. Certainly frustrating to run into what looks like an additional issue with the feedback functionality, isn't it? I can tell you I have successfully used the specific feedback functionality to report most of the bugs I mentioned above in order to indicate the specific part of the page in question. I'm using Google Chrome on a Windows 10 desktop in case this feedback issue you've run into happens to be platform-specific.

Hi,

I have similar concerns. I'm booked on the Queen Victoria's seven-day cruise roundtrip from Southampton that departs on April 26, 2020. The cruise does not visit Italy (it is scheduled to stop at Guernsey, Belgium, Holland and France), but who knows what ports could be closed by late April.  

Chuck

Three more minor issues to add to my previous list of 25.

“Your Itinerary” section

26. When you have a shore excursion booked, it shows up on the itinerary with a hyperlink. While you might think that hyperlink would take you somewhere useful such as a to description of that shore excursion, it is simply a link to the same itinerary page you are already on.

27. There is a "Flight" section at the bottom of every day on the itinerary, even sea days. I don't have flights booked with Cunard to tell if this section does anything useful in that situation, but in my case all it contains is a reference to a non-existent image named "phone.png".

28. Every day on the itinerary other than embarkation day contains the caption "Time to relax and enjoy our activities." I would have thought a different caption would be more appropriate for port days, such as "Time to explore an exciting destination." perhaps. It's clearly not an appropriate caption for disembarkation day.

On 2/27/2020 at 2:08 PM, bluemarble said:

Here's one more item to add to the list of things that don't appear to be working correctly in the new US voyage personaliser.

I just made a correction to my "Emergency Contact Details" (as the lead passenger) and checked the box to "Apply address to all guests who have given their consent". The change was not applied to my wife's "Emergency Contact Details" (as the second passenger on the same booking) even though her voyage personaliser indicates "I do give my consent to ... (lead passenger) to view/modify my personal details."

My TA also tried to enter the emergency contacts (after my own unsuccessful attempts) to my online voyage summary. It did not work for her either. She called Cunard and was told the same thing: while this request appears on the US version of the website, it is intended for non-US version of Cunard website. They told her to ignore this while they fix the issue. 

33 minutes ago, Meliador said:

My TA also tried to enter the emergency contacts (after my own unsuccessful attempts) to my online voyage summary. It did not work for her either. She called Cunard and was told the same thing: while this request appears on the US version of the website, it is intended for non-US version of Cunard website. They told her to ignore this while they fix the issue. 

Is it possible you mean the "Travel Insurance" and "Emergency Assistance Company" fields rather than the "Emergency Contact Details" fields?  The "Travel Insurance" and "Emergency Assistance Company" information cannot be saved in the US voyage personaliser and indeed those fields have never appeared in the US voyage personaliser before since they don't really apply to US bookings. Having insurance is part of the UK booking conditions, but it is not part of the US passage contract.

However, the "Emergency Contact Details" fields have always been a part of the US voyage personaliser and I have been able to enter them successfully in the new voyage personaliser as well. In the past, I've received email reminders from Cunard if there is something missing in the emergency contact information I had entered into the voyage personaliser.

The bug I reported about the entry of emergency contact information has to do with the box that says "Apply address to all guests who have given their consent". That doesn't seem to work to have the emergency contact information I enter for myself (as the lead passenger) applied automatically for my wife. However, when my wife logs in to the voyage personaliser, we can then manually enter the same emergency contact information for her.

If you are indeed having problems entering the emergency contact information on your booking, I'd be interested to learn more about that. Is it raising some errors for you during data entry? I know the "House number/name" and "Address" fields can be a bit problematic since it seems to require both. I ended up entering the same information (e.g "123 Main Street") in both the "House number/name" field and the "Address" field to get past the edits on required fields. And since there is no field for the state in a US address, I simply added that to the "City" field.

While we are on the subject of "Emergency Contact Details" and the entry of addresses into the US voyage personaliser, let me add these three additional issues to my growing list.

“Before you sail” section

29. Entering an address requires the entry of both "House number/name" and "Address". Since that's generally the same thing for a US address, you may have to resort to entering the same thing (e.g. "123 Main Street") into both of those fields to satisfy the edits on required fields. The system doesn't appear to save the "House number/name" field in the US voyage personaliser. It's blank when I go back to edit the address.

30. There is no separate field for the US state when entering addresses. I have added the state to the end of the "City" field in order to have the state appear in the address.

31. The "Relationship to You" field within "Emergency Contact Details" will only save the first 8 characters of what you enter. For example, it accepts the entry of "Sister-in-Law", but truncates it to "SISTER-I" when it saves it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a few days since I've checked the new US Voyage Personaliser (My Cunard) to see if anything has changed. I just took a look and noticed there have indeed been a few changes.

I'm happy to say some of the issues previously reported by me, as well as others, have been resolved (although a few were resolved by simply removing items). One new redundant feature has been added. One new bug has been introduced.

Please note this is for the US Voyager Personaliser. Your mileage may vary in other versions of the Voyage Personaliser.

Here are the issues I previously reported that have been resolved.

Issue 6. The link to “See details” for the Main Dining Room goes nowhere.

Resolution: This has been fixed by removing the link rather than correcting it.

Issue 7. In the area for selecting your dining preference, when you hover over the (i) icon next to “Register preference” (which is presumably intended to provide additional information), only a blank box appears.

Resolution: The (i) icon next to "Register your preference" has been removed.

Issue 8. The system will not save information entered for the Travel Insurance and Emergency Assistance Company fields.

Resolution: The Travel Insurance and Emergency Assistance Company fields have been removed.

Issue 12. The “Apply address to all guests who have given their consent” functionality does not work when the lead passenger makes a change to the Emergency Contact Details.

Resolution: The "Apply address to all guests who have given their consent” functionality has been removed.

Issue 22. For the Southampton port call, the links to “SEE DETAILS” for all the “Private Tour” excursions are broken. You can see the titles and prices of the “Private Tour” excursions and you can purchase them, but you can’t see any descriptions of those excursions.

Resolution: Details are now available for the Private Tour excursions in Southampton.

Issue 23. For the Southampton port call, the “Cathedral City of Winchester” excursion incorrectly states “UNFORTUNATELY, YOU CAN NO LONGER BOOK YOUR SHORE EXPERIENCES ON LINE FOR YOUR UPCOMING VOYAGE. WHICH, ON A POSITIVE NOTE, MEANS THAT YOU WILL BE SAILING WITH US VERY SOON. PLEASE DON’T LET THIS HAMPER YOUR EXCITEMENT OR ANTICIPATION – WHEN YOU GET ON BOARD OUR DESTINATION EXPERTS WILL BE ON HAND TO ASSIST WITH YOUR SHORE EXPERIENCES.” Whatever the problem is with booking this excursion, it’s not for the reason indicated. The voyage is over 100 days away and other excursions can be booked online, including other excursions in Southampton.

Resolution: This excursion now states "COMING SOON". But when you hover over the (i) icon for more information, the same message is displayed as before about "UNFORTUNATELY, YOU CAN NO LONGER BOOK YOUR SHORE EXPERIENCES ON LINE FOR YOUR UPCOMING VOYAGE. ...".

Issue 29. Entering an address requires the entry of both "House number/name" and "Address". Since that's generally the same thing for a US address, you may have to resort to entering the same thing (e.g. "123 Main Street") into both of those fields to satisfy the edits on required fields. The system doesn't appear to save the "House number/name" field in the US voyage personaliser. It's blank when I go back to edit the address.

Resolution: The "House number/name" field is now called "Address". The previous (now additional) "Address" field is now optional.

Here is a screen shot showing a redundant feature that has been added to the "Booking Summary" section.

852616257_BookingSummaryRedundantMenuItems.thumb.jpg.7c2c4644fa4ed3cdcf8c1dfbbeb481a5.jpg

Note there have always been menu items for "Shore Experiences", "Dining" and "Drinks" near the top of each page. Now we also have additional images and links to "Book Shore Experiences", "Book Dining" and "Buy Drinks Packages" on the "Booking Summary" page which go to the same places. Not sure why we really need both, although I suppose the extra set of links were added to be more "in your face".

Here is a new bug in the "Your Dining Choice" section.

529584152_YourDiningChoiceMissingLabels.thumb.jpg.521195d7cd794c7e3a0d9d02fd8a7209.jpg

Note the labels are missing next to the radio buttons to select which seating you prefer. Rather than adding missing labels to the radio buttons in the "Bed Configuration" section (which have been missing from the beginning), we are now also missing labels next to the radio buttons in the "Your Dining Choice" section.

So, a few steps forward and at least one step back in terms of issues with the new Voyage Personaliser.