Cunard website/VP problems(Merged threads)

lissie

This one has to do with the booking process on the main Cunard website, not the new VP.

For the past few hours, I've been unable to get more than about half way though the booking process on the Cunard US website. After I select my voyage, start a booking for the type of cabin I want, select the number of passengers, select "View fares", and then click "Book now" within the "View your fares" window, it spins for a second or two and does nothing. Then when I scroll back up the page I see this less than helpful error message has been displayed.

image.png.286c528b57fb5a9375383adcaecf03dc.png

I suppose this is a temporary glitch. Let's hope so anyway. I was just trying to check what Cunard was showing for current availability and pricing which I'll now do on another travel agent site instead. Just thought I'd add this bizarre error message to the ongoing list of issues with the Cunard website.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:33 AM, exlondoner said:

What is so bizarre is that every time they alter it (upgrade is clearly not the correct word), they make it worse. And they hiding away of the opt-in for the pre-cruise booklet is dreadful.

Although I limit the aggravation of logging into the voyage personaliser, I tried to do so this morning. The message is "currently undergoing maintenance." The optimist in me hopes this means they will make it work properly or at least begin  an improvement. The realist in me fears that it will just get worse.

10 minutes ago, david,Mississauga said:

Although I limit the aggravation of logging into the voyage personaliser, I tried to do so this morning. The message is "currently undergoing maintenance." The optimist in me hopes this means they will make it work properly or at least begin  an improvement. The realist in me fears that it will just get worse.

I am crossing all digits, but in hope, not expectation.

I am in Europe at present, rather than UK, and this morning have been trying to view a trip for next year, and just cannot get further than “clicking” on the intended voyage. I am using an iPad, but that should make no difference.
What a waste of time!! I wonder how much business they are loosing because of IT incompetence?

7 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

What a waste of time!! I wonder how much business they are loosing because of IT incompetence?

The VP is back on line and it is no worse than it was. It isn’t any better, but I guess we should be thankful for small mercies. Except for the first page which shows the correct departure and arrival dates, in the itinerary section all dates of  port calls are wrong. Someone thinks we are actually going to book an excursion to, say, Peggy’s Cove or Stonehenge on a day when the QM2 is at sea. Yes, the error is an obvious one but this does not inspire confidence.

The main site of Cunard is still showing fares that are in Canadian $ but labelling them as being in US $. By the third stage (occasionally the second stage) of the booking process it does indicate that those fares are in Can. $.

This could discourage Canadian travellers who see the fares on the first page, erroneously labelled as being in US $ when, in fact they have been increased by an average of 30% over the US fares.  If someone sees that a balcony stateroom for a typical crossing shows as $2300 in US $ and figures they will have to pay the bank 35% in exchange from Canadian to US $ they may decide the cost of $3100 is too high.

Several months ago when these errors started I sent an e-mail to Cunard suggesting this could be bad for business. Of course they paid no intention and didn’t even acknowledge my e-mail.

I guess I should be thankful my VP still looks like this.  My booking is directed to the old VP site, and that is probably a blessing.  I looks outdated but at least all the information is correct and I can see my cabin number, dining room sitting, and World Club status.  

Obviously Cunard should not have migrated to the new site until it was tested and perfected.  Pretty basic stuff.  

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 3.32.36 PM.png

6 minutes ago, eroller said:

I guess I should be thankful my VP still looks like this.  My booking is directed to the old VP site, and that is probably a blessing.  I looks outdated but at least all the information is correct and I can see my cabin number, dining room sitting, and World Club status.  

How have you managed this? How can I get this?

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:
10 minutes ago, eroller said:

How have you managed this? How can I get this?

I don’t have a choice.  First I log into the new VP, then it takes me to the old VP site where I have to log in again.  

Cunard hasn’t migrated all bookings to the new VP site yet.  How it’s determined which bookings are and which are not I don’t know.  

I just booked our next Cunard voyage and I do have to agree the new voyage personaliser (my.cunard.com) certainly is a bit of a challenge, isn't it?

Here's one good thing I have to say about it. Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I didn't have to wait 24 hours after making the booking to be able to see it in the new voyage personaliser. It was available as soon as I tried to access it within a few minutes of making the booking. Rather trivial of course, but at least that's something to point to as a minor improvement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

Here's one good thing I have to say about it. Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I didn't have to wait 24 hours after making the booking to be able to see it in the new voyage personaliser. It was available as soon as I tried to access it within a few minutes of making the booking. Rather trivial of course, but at least that's something to point to as a minor improvement.

Great observation, and yes "real time" should be the norm (like every other cruise line) but wasn't with the old VP.  In fact even something like a cabin change would often take 24 hours to show up.  So I'm glad there is at least one improvement.  

Yes... we encounter many problems on the planner

- It does not list our World Club membership level

- It does not show our room

- It won’t save our travel insurance info

- Missing information and pictures

etc...

All the things I have read on here and on other sites talking about the very bug-y new planner

So today, I wanted to book an excursion... I got all the way to paying for it... and on Safari (the system on my Apple Mac computer) I could not put in the credit card info... it kept making typing it impossible- it would jump to being blank over and over...

So I switched to Microsoft Chrome... and was able to type in my card.

Here was an instance where a customer was trying to give them money...

The fact is, the planner needs to work on Apple products as well as Microsoft. Simple economics and modern business practices.

On 1/23/2020 at 4:20 PM, Pennbank said:

Re Pre Voyage Booklet.

If you can not see it , you have to go to the to do list for main named person and select the personal details box,  edit some detail. see below.

It hides itself after you have completed the edit. 

To alter your selection, you have to log in to the VP

Under the main named person, select edit and  amend some detail and correct and select save.

If you then scroll down a little further  you will see the info below. "Pre-Voyage Booklet"

Change  your option.  It is selected by default I would not like  to receive the pre-voyage booklet.

Pre-Voyage Booklet.

If you’ve booked a Cunard Fare or Early Saver Fare voyage, you have the option to receive a pre-voyage booklet which contains information about your voyage and the shore experiences available. Please select below to indicate whether you would like this posted to you.

I would like to receive the pre-voyage booklet.
I would not like to receive the pre-voyage booklet.

Can anyone with a US booking tell me if this section about the Pre-Voyage Booklet appears in the US version of the new voyage personaliser?

I'm not seeing this section about opting in to the Pre-Voyage Booklet for the US booking I made yesterday after following these instructions. The terminology about "Cunard Fare" and "Early Saver Fare" does not apply to US bookings, so maybe that's the reason I'm not seeing this for my US booking. Of course there's always the distinct possibility that I'm just being a doofus and not following the directions correctly.

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Can anyone with a US booking tell me if this section about the Pre-Voyage Booklet appears in the US version of the new voyage personaliser?

Not that I've seen.  We just received the booklet for our canceled cruise, in fact (sigh).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I am a US booking sailing next month, but I'm directed to the old VP site so I can't help you.  I sign into the new VP site, but then it redirects me to the old VP site to log in again.  

9 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I'm not seeing this section about opting in to the Pre-Voyage Booklet for the US booking I made yesterday after following these instructions. The terminology about "Cunard Fare" and "Early Saver Fare" does not apply to US bookings, so maybe that's the reason I'm not seeing this for my US booking. Of course there's always the distinct possibility that I'm just being a doofus and not following the directions correctly.

Hi bluemarble,

For our June 29th sailing, I went to the VP to add some additional information and low and behold I saw this part appear and marked we want to receive the Pre Voyage Booklet. Granted in the past working in the VP I did not see it.

We do want to receive it as the VP for June 29th Sailing (M020) still has no Shore Excursions added besides some more data missing that was easy to see and review on the Old VP of the past.

Yes I saw this on a US Site. When you are able to, I would enter it and try to edit something and see if it pops up as it did to me.

Can't stand this new VP and as others are upset with it too!

OK, I'll keep trying. Can you give me some guidance as to exactly where this "Pre-Voyage Booklet" section should appear on my screen after I complete an edit? I've been editing my phone number and clicking "Save".

Here are the various sections within the "Personal Details" that I am seeing at that point.

Personal Information

Travel Document

Travel Insurance

Emergency Assistance Company Name

Emergency Contact Details

Cunard World Club

Marketing Options

Passport and Visas

Safety Onboard

Vaccinations

Money Matters

Embarkation

Packing for your holiday

Special Requirements

Useful Information

Ship Facilities

Holiday details

Continue shopping

Navigation

Where is the Pre-Voyage Booklet section appearing for you among all these sections? And when you say "see if it pops up" do you mean it shows up as a pop-up window? I have the pop-up blocker turned off in my browser, so I should be able to see pop-up windows if that's how it appears.

Edit: Just saw your note on the roll call that you weren't able to get the "Pre-Voyage Booklet" section to reappear for you. The mystery deepens, I guess.

Edited by bluemarble

5 hours ago, bluemarble said:

OK, I'll keep trying. Can you give me some guidance as to exactly where this "Pre-Voyage Booklet" section should appear on my screen after I complete an edit? I've been editing my phone number and clicking "Save".

Here are the various sections within the "Personal Details" that I am seeing at that point.

Personal Information

Travel Document

Travel Insurance

Emergency Assistance Company Name

Emergency Contact Details

Cunard World Club

Marketing Options

Passport and Visas

Safety Onboard

Vaccinations

Money Matters

Embarkation

Packing for your holiday

Special Requirements

Useful Information

Ship Facilities

Holiday details

Continue shopping

Navigation

Where is the Pre-Voyage Booklet section appearing for you among all these sections? And when you say "see if it pops up" do you mean it shows up as a pop-up window? I have the pop-up blocker turned off in my browser, so I should be able to see pop-up windows if that's how it appears.

Edit: Just saw your note on the roll call that you weren't able to get the "Pre-Voyage Booklet" section to reappear for you. The mystery deepens, I guess.

From memory and recent experience, the pre-cruise booklet section is part of the general 'permission to send communications' sections on the My Account page. Now, I did log into the My Account section by following a link in an email from Cunard a few weeks ago but I can't for the life of me replicate the experience. It was definitely a separate log-in to the My Cunard page but I now can't find it. I can only assume that these elements are physically/virtually coming-and-going as they work on developing their new systems. I hope that information is of some help. I can't even get into the My Cunard these days...

There is a button on the My Cunard page relating to the booklet but it's a dead button like all the others.

55 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

From memory and recent experience, the pre-cruise booklet section is part of the general 'permission to send communications' sections on the My Account page. Now, I did log into the My Account section by following a link in an email from Cunard a few weeks ago but I can't for the life of me replicate the experience. It was definitely a separate log-in to the My Cunard page but I now can't find it. I can only assume that these elements are physically/virtually coming-and-going as they work on developing their new systems. I hope that information is of some help. I can't even get into the My Cunard these days...

There is a button on the My Cunard page relating to the booklet but it's a dead button like all the others.

I’ve managed to work out what I did to get into the area you are looking for.

Firstly, log into the My Cunard page. At the right hand end of the top of the page there is an option to open labelled ‘Before you Sail’. Click on this and a page will open - half way down the page is a sentence about your ‘Marketing Preferences’.

It says this:

'To see your marketing preferences and to edit them please click here.'

Clicking on that 'click here' link will open a log in page for your general account with Cunard. If you don’t have one you can make one here, too.

Then open the 'My Preferences' option and go to the 'Your Holiday' section and you'll see where there is a link for the holiday communications.

Phew! I know you're very tech savvy so I hope I haven't made these instructions sound too basic - I'm just trying to explain it all clearly.

I’ll see if I can work out how to add photos of the pages. (I tried but they wouldn't load. I'll keep trying.)

Also, I'm in Australia so there's a chance that the US sites are different.

Oh my goodness!  LittleFish gives good advice.  I went to Before You Sail and scrolled waayyyyyy down, and found this -

image.thumb.png.4884996f5d9b638f47f0aa520a16848b.png

There it is!  Defaulted to no, so I reset it to yes.  I like the luggage tags.

This is on the US site, by the way.

FYI, we were on one of the canceled Japan trips and have now rebooked to Spain.  Watching Italy now with some alarm...

4 minutes ago, alc13 said:

Oh my goodness!  LittleFish gives good advice.  I went to Before You Sail and scrolled waayyyyyy down, and found this -

image.thumb.png.4884996f5d9b638f47f0aa520a16848b.png

There it is!  Defaulted to no, so I reset it to yes.  I like the luggage tags.

This is on the US site, by the way.

FYI, we were on one of the canceled Japan trips and have now rebooked to Spain.  Watching Italy now with some alarm...

Dear alc13,

Thank u, Thank u, Thank u.

alc13 and bluemarble, that is what I saw and checked off but it is now missing on my US Log In. I think they are still playing with the website and driving up crazy with what we saw and now what we are not seeing.

There is a missing gap between World Club and Marketing.

Thank you...

3 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I’ve managed to work out what I did to get into the area you are looking for.

Firstly, log into the My Cunard page. At the right hand end of the top of the page there is an option to open labelled ‘Before you Sail’. Click on this and a page will open - half way down the page is a sentence about your ‘Marketing Preferences’.

It says this:

'To see your marketing preferences and to edit them please click here.'

Clicking on that 'click here' link will open a log in page for your general account with Cunard. If you don’t have one you can make one here, too.

Then open the 'My Preferences' option and go to the 'Your Holiday' section and you'll see where there is a link for the holiday communications.

Phew! I know you're very tech savvy so I hope I haven't made these instructions sound too basic - I'm just trying to explain it all clearly.

I’ll see if I can work out how to add photos of the pages. (I tried but they wouldn't load. I'll keep trying.)

Also, I'm in Australia so there's a chance that the US sites are different.

Hi LittleFish,

Thank you for your efforts but your log on was for Communication Information and not related to Active Booking Passengers.

Alc13 found the solution that keeps showing and missing, showing and missing...We think Cunard is still working on the Website with it's Upgrading.

But many thanks....

Very interesting, alc13!  And thanks for that screen shot. I was expecting to see the "Pre-Voyage Booklet" section somewhere like that based on the previous advice about it. I suppose it could have been there the first time I brought up this screen before I entered any data and I just didn't notice it. Unfortunately, here is what it looks like in my voyage personaliser now. I've entered Emergency Contact Details (which I've blurred out). For whatever reason, like BklynBoy8, the "Pre-Voyage Booklet" section is not showing up here for me either, even after I follow the advice to edit something in my personal details. Oh well.

1078272575_Beforeyousailpage.thumb.jpg.1987fbcc8d91d5de722e97cdd9b6c8d4.jpg

• Like 1

Huh.  I've been on VP a lot lately and never noticed the booklet option before, though I've seen the World Club status notice (incorrect, of course).  So yes, the programmers are messing with it, and us.  Reminds me of the old Far Side cartoon -

image.thumb.png.eb6e30ec3cc0b2d861d4527bef41424a.png

• Haha 2

OK, here's some plain and simple sloppiness in the voyage personaliser. This is what appears when my wife logs in to the new voyage personaliser (as the second passenger on our booking).

Note the text that says "I do not give my for ..." is missing the word "consent". Then text from code that generated those messages including "{{leadPassenger}}" appears just below.

I know this is trivial in the big picture of the issues with the new voyage personaliser, but it does give one pause, doesn't it?

1602062122_Beforeyousailconsent.thumb.jpg.e87cee338056762b72c8a808ca5c1a87.jpg

• Thanks 1