Cunard website/VP problems(Merged threads)

lissie

2 hours ago, ozbrian said:

Thanks, I'm glad to know it's just not me.

We are only 18 days out from the cruise. Luggage tags were available but on-line check-in and eTickets say they will only be available within a week of the sailing date. That doesn't give us much time with a recalcitrant web site. 

This concerns me because in the old voyage personaliser, luggage labels and e-tickets were always available at the same time (at least it was always that way in my experience).

First of all, I have no clue what the "Check In" function is for. The old voyage personaliser had no such function. Can anyone who has sailed on a voyage using the new personaliser tell us what that does?

Second, it's clear you have a cabin assignment because your luggage labels are available. So we can rule that out as a reason your e-tickets are not available. I hope this doesn't mean Cunard thinks you still need to provide some information via the personaliser (such as insurance information which the personaliser won't let you provide).

Again, can anyone who has sailed on a voyage using the new personaliser tell us if their luggage labels and e-tickets arrived at different times? And did you really have to wait until a week before departure for the e-tickets to arrive?

4 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

This concerns me because in the old voyage personaliser, luggage labels and e-tickets were always available at the same time (at least it was always that way in my experience).

First of all, I have no clue what the "Check In" function is for. The old voyage personaliser had no such function. Can anyone who has sailed on a voyage using the new personaliser tell us what that does?

Second, it's clear you have a cabin assignment because your luggage labels are available. So we can rule that out as a reason your e-tickets are not available. I hope this doesn't mean Cunard thinks you still need to provide some information via the personaliser (such as insurance information which the personaliser won't let you provide).

Again, can anyone who has sailed on a voyage using the new personaliser tell us if their luggage labels and e-tickets arrived at different times? And did you really have to wait until a week before departure for the e-tickets to arrive?

here is a screenshot. . . 

image.png.91770bdc3fdd6fcb0ec6caad36d9c1e3.png

2 minutes ago, ozbrian said:

here is a screenshot. . . 

image.png.91770bdc3fdd6fcb0ec6caad36d9c1e3.png

Understood. My personaliser tells me the same thing about e-tickets not being available until one week prior to departure. I've been assuming that's a mistake like so many other things wrong with the new personaliser, since e-tickets have always been available at least 40 days before departure in the past (for those with cabin assignments). And I saw one post that I perhaps incorrectly interpreted as indicating e-tickets were available on the new personaliser at least 30 days out. But maybe that's actually correct and we have to wait longer for e-tickets now. Hopefully someone can let us know if that's the case from actual experience.

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

What I'd like to know is how one discovers if one has an upgrade. In the past, I've initially discovered from the VP.

Presumably you would eventually find out when your luggage tags and e-tickets are available, but it would be helpful to learn about an upgrade sooner than that via the voyage personaliser (as in the past) if one has been granted. Don't know if they have any system in place now to notify you or your travel agent of upgrades. And as bazzaw has indicated, being able to see your cabin information in the voyage personaliser just to confirm you are booked in the cabin you think you are would be helpful. Not being able to see your cabin in the new personaliser is a significant omission in my view.

Oh wow! Look what just showed up for me in my US voyage personaliser after I cleared by browser cache (Google Chrome on Windows 10).

I'm back to seeing that I have "No membership tier" in the Cunard World Club.

But more importantly, I am now seeing the "Pre-Voyage Booklet" section. It did indeed default to "I would not like to receive the pre-voyage booklet.", so I changed that.

Maybe those of you not seeing the Pre-Voyage Booklet option might benefit from clearing your browser cache as well.

1125116235_BeforeyousailPre-VoyageBooklet.thumb.jpg.bc803f96df04e278667d682350914be4.jpg

6 hours ago, exlondoner said:

What I'd like to know is how one discovers if one has an upgrade. In the past, I've initially discovered from the VP.

Back in 2010, we discovered our 'upgrade' at check in in Brooklyn [from deck 4 sheltered balcony to 8003, right next to the Library]

1 hour ago, LadyL1 said:

Having read the last posts, I decided to look at my VP for cruise in May. It states the QV departs and arrives 1 Jan 1970!

That's an indication of a novice coder bug - that date is the 'epoch' marking the beginning of time for UNIX derived operating systems. The code rendering the date got a zero instead of a proper value.

If it logged an error, it likely was downed out by the sheer volume of internal errors generated within the web site

Hi, 

I have been experiencing similar difficulties with the Cunard VP. I currently have two Cunard cruises booked: (i) Queen Victoria, April 26, 2020; and (ii) Queen Elizabeth, May 30, 2020. My VP for both cruises is similar to the most recent screen shot from bluemarble. I am World Club Diamond level, but it indicates no membership tier for me. Also, I am seeing the pre-voyage booklet option for both cruises (I don't recall seeing this before). I have checked that I would like to receive the booklet.

As discussed above, my stateroom number does not appear for either cruise. Also, I have tried to enter the travel insurance information, but it always disappears. Fortunately, it has retained my emergency contact information. Also, I have been able to book shore excursions.

Cunard is my favorite line, but the website really needs to be improved. In my experience, Princess has the best website. I wish that Cunard would offer a similar website. 

Chuck

That's interesting. When I first saw brucepen's post above, I went into my voyage personaliser and saw that it was still saying "Currently E-Tickets are available to print 1 week prior to departure."

Now within the past few minutes, mine has changed to say "E-tickets and luggage labels are available to print 5 weeks prior to your cruise." as well.

Edited by bluemarble

18 hours ago, seacruise9 said:

As discussed above, my stateroom number does not appear for either cruise. Also, I have tried to enter the travel insurance information, but it always disappears. Fortunately, it has retained my emergency contact information. Also, I have been able to book shore excursions.

As I have limited patience dealing with incompetence, I had my travel agent deal with  Cunard for these issues. Cunard's rep. was able to enter the emergency contact information (and it has stayed there)  but could not enter the insurance information. My agent was told this information is required only for UK passengers. I recall seeing that many years ago on an earlier version of the personaliser.

Here's one more item to add to the list of things that don't appear to be working correctly in the new US voyage personaliser.

I just made a correction to my "Emergency Contact Details" (as the lead passenger) and checked the box to "Apply address to all guests who have given their consent". The change was not applied to my wife's "Emergency Contact Details" (as the second passenger on the same booking) even though her voyage personaliser indicates "I do give my consent to ... (lead passenger) to view/modify my personal details."

Edited by bluemarble

OK, this is just getting silly! This morning I was seeing both the "Cunard World Club" and "Pre-Voyage Booklet" sections in my voyage personaliser, as in the screen shot I included in post #156 above. A couple hours ago, both of those sections were being hidden on me. Now the "Cunard World Club" section is back, but the "Pre-Voyage Booklet" section is hidden. The only combination I haven't seen yet is the "Pre-Voyage Booklet" section without the "Cunard World Club" section. Maybe that will be next.

On 2/26/2020 at 6:21 PM, LadyL1 said:

Having read the last posts, I decided to look at my VP for cruise in May. It states the QV departs and arrives 1 Jan 1970!

I looked again a few moments ago at my VP, for my closet voyage, to see this....

Our website is currently undergoing maintenance.

We will be back online shortly and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Perhaps all problems will be solved🤩🤞🤣, but I am not hopeful!

6 minutes ago, LadyL1 said:

... Perhaps all problems will be solved🤩🤞🤣, but I am not hopeful!

I'm afraid I'm not particularly hopeful either. All I'm getting now on the US voyage personaliser is "We have been unable to validate your log in details, please try again."

I sent Cunard an enquiry about the goofy VP and received a nice response (if not completely reassuring that a fix is imminent).  Both are below.  Oddly, a Feedback tab does appear in Chrome but not Firefox.

Hello, I've been accessing the new my.cunard site for the past few weeks and I have encountered numerous glitches.  Are you able to estimate when the changeover from Voyage Personalizer will be complete?

Thank you for your email.

We are aware of some ongoing issues regarding the launch of the My Cunard website, which is replacing Voyage Personaliser. We appreciate your feedback and apologise for any frustrations these issues have caused. Please be assured that we have submitted your feedback to the Digital team who are working to resolve any issues as soon as possible. In the meantime, please use the ‘Feedback’ button on the My Cunard website to submit your comment directly.
You may be experiencing a problem if you are using an Apple Device (this is a short term glitch and is being worked on as a priority). Please try to access My Cunard by using a lap top or PC and using Google Chrome.
Please ensure all boxes are completed by yourself. If you have previously cruised with us, you may find your computer is pre completing some areas for you (with an old booking reference etc.). Clearing your browser history should ensure this does not happen.
Unfortunately we do not have access to any strict timings regarding the issues being encountered as it is constantly changing situation.
I hope this information has helped to answer your enquiry.

Kind regards

• Haha 1

Interesting you should mention the "Feedback" button, alc13. I spent a couple hours yesterday documenting and submitting feedback for many of the issues I've found in the short time I've been using the new US voyage personaliser (aka "My Cunard") for our upcoming voyage on QM2 (June 14-29, 2020). That may have been a futile exercise, but I couldn't resist.  My former career as a software developer is coming back to haunt me!

For those who like to keep score, here's a summary of the issues I've found so far. Of course some of these have already been mentioned and some of these are quite trivial, but here goes.

“Booking Summary” section

1. The image for the itinerary map is not displaying for this voyage. The reference on the page is to a non-existent image.

2. There is no indication of the cabin number.

3. The Bed configuration radio buttons are unlabeled.

4. The link to “For more information about your stateroom click here” goes to the “Before you sail” section, not to any information about your stateroom.

5. There is no image shown above the statement “Please note that your stateroom may vary from the image shown above.”

6. The link to “See details” for the Main Dining Room goes nowhere.

7. In the area for selecting your dining preference, when you hover over the (i) icon next to “Register preference” (which is presumably intended to provide additional information), only a blank box appears.

“Before you sail” section

8. The system will not save information entered for the Travel Insurance and Emergency Assistance Company fields.

9. Sometimes the option to request or decline the Pre-Voyage Booklet appears, other times it does not.

10. Sometimes the information about my Cunard World Club status appears, other times it does not.

11. When information about my Cunard World Club status appears, it incorrectly says I have “No membership tier”.

12. The “Apply address to all guests who have given their consent” functionality does not work when the lead passenger makes a change to the Emergency Contact Details.

13. For a secondary passenger on the booking, the word “consent” is missing from the Personal details consent module radio button that reads “I do not give my for … (lead passenger) to view/modify my personal details.”

14. There is a Marketing Options link to the “My Account” login page at "mycunard.cunard.co.uk" which may be confusing to US passengers since it does not apply to the US.

“Safety Onboard” section

15. Nine of the paragraphs are listed twice (“Safety of children onboard during an emergency” through “Accident prevention”).

“Your Itinerary” section

16. The voyage beginning and ending dates are listed as “Sat13 Jun - Sun28 Jun 2020”. The actual dates of the voyage are Sun 14 Jun - Mon 29 Jun 2020.

17. In the “Day” view, on “Embarkation Day”, the “Disembark” icon is shown instead of the “Embark” icon.

18. There is no icon or label shown on disembarkation day. It simply states “Time to relax and enjoy our activities.”

19. The “Dress Code:” label for each day does not actually list the dress code.

20. For the port day in Southampton, HTML tags <p> and </p> are shown in the description of Southampton.

“Shore experiences” section

21. For the Le Havre port call, all the links to the images for the shore excursions are broken and all the links to “SEE DETAILS” are broken as well. You can see the titles and prices of the Le Havre excursions and you can purchase them, but you can’t see any descriptions of the excursions.

22. For the Southampton port call, the links to “SEE DETAILS” for all the “Private Tour” excursions are broken. You can see the titles and prices of the “Private Tour” excursions and you can purchase them, but you can’t see any descriptions of those excursions.

23. For the Southampton port call, the “Cathedral City of Winchester” excursion incorrectly states “UNFORTUNATELY, YOU CAN NO LONGER BOOK YOUR SHORE EXPERIENCES ON LINE FOR YOUR UPCOMING VOYAGE. WHICH, ON A POSITIVE NOTE, MEANS THAT YOU WILL BE SAILING WITH US VERY SOON. PLEASE DON’T LET THIS HAMPER YOUR EXCITEMENT OR ANTICIPATION – WHEN YOU GET ON BOARD OUR DESTINATION EXPERTS WILL BE ON HAND TO ASSIST WITH YOUR SHORE EXPERIENCES.” Whatever the problem is with booking this excursion, it’s not for the reason indicated. The voyage is over 100 days away and other excursions can be booked online, including other excursions in Southampton.

24. After viewing the details for a specific shore excursion, clicking the “< Back” button generates the message “Please bear with us while we add the final touches to your Shore Experiences.” It should take you back to the list of shore excursions you had been viewing previously.

“Spa” section

25. All the prices are listed with double dollar signs (e.g. “From $$226.00”).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Love this comprehensive summary, bluemarble; thanks.  This has become a subject of interest for me, I think because the bugs are so extensive it becomes weirdly entertaining to follow the progress of the site revisions.  

I’d been putting off going back into mycunard for a week or so in the hope that the site would have straightened out just a little. Hmmmm....

All the information I had put in about passport, next of kin and insurance had only partly been filled in on my wife’s section even though I had ticked the box which should have transferred the same details over.

Looking at the excursions I had been disappointed to find a trip to the Alhambra had been sold out weeks ago when I first looked. Now places are available.  

The “feedback” tab on the left hand side offers a choice of specific or generic feedback on the website. Don’t choose specific as it locks you on the page and asks you to touch the page which you need to report. It doesn’t work.

E-tickets and luggage labels are not available until 5 weeks before. We could not find the  “request an excursion booklet” anywhere.

All this maybe superfluous of course if the Coronavirus takes hold in Europe other than Italy. May I presume that if ports of call become infected then the whole cruise would be cancelled? (We have the 16-26 April Southampton-Southampton cruise booked)