Nicko cruises?

sjde

Not quite. Depending on itinerary you have either all-German or English (bi-lingual) sailings. In practice it might not work as smoothly as it sounds. Also, for English language excursions there might be a minimum number of guests required. For the UK nicko cruises have partnered with an agent/representative. So sailings on the Douro on

16, 23 April
14, 28 May
25 June
09 July
20 August
03 September
08, 15, 22 October

are marketed to the English-speaking world.

For details of the deal look on cruisetradenews.com for the article on nicko cruises.

notamermaid

On 1/11/2020 at 1:01 PM, notamermaid said:

Not quite. Depending on itinerary you have either all-German or English (bi-lingual) sailings.

How can I discern if a cruise is all German or bilingual? I can't find the language info on the Elbe sailings on the Nicko site - what am I missing?

Edited by dogs4fun

2 minutes ago, dogs4fun said:

How can I discern if a cruise is all German or bilingual? I can't find the language info on the Elbe sailings on the Nicko site - what am I missing?

If it shows up on an English website it is bilingual. If you get to the German website (you might need to set a VPN to do so) you should find cruises that don't show up in English. They would be German only.

1 minute ago, gnome12 said:

If it shows up on an English website it is bilingual. If you get to the German website (you might need to set a VPN to do so) you should find cruises that don't show up in English. They would be German only.

Have you taken one of their cruises? If so, I would welcome your feedback. TIA

18 minutes ago, dogs4fun said:

I think Nicko might have changed some things on their website, seeing that they now have an exclusive agent for the UK. My guess...

Here are the dates for the Elbe offered on the UK market (taken from the agent's website):

2020 - Potsdam    to Prague 2020 - Prague to Potsdam
11, 25 April 04 April

You can have a brochure sent to you. As I am not allowed to name the agent, look on cruisetradenews.com for ... "partners with Nicko Cruises to"

My settings tell nicko I am in Germany. I find it confusing that they have a German website with a mere translation. It is not helpful for ascertaining what is a German cruise and what is not. A quick look at other routes does not give an English language cruise either. So all those that appear on the English language setting are now bilingual?? Nicko, get this sorted! Cannot help you lot with this, I am afraid.

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid
clarification