Taking wine on board Princess ships

Has anyone had fairly recent experience on taking wine onto a Princess ship at ports of call (not original embarkation). I am specifically asking about the Australian-based ships, particularly the Sea P.

BTW, I know the rule about paying $15 corkage. I am quite happy to pay that. 🙂

Edited by Aus Traveller

5 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Is July 2019 fairly recent experience? If so, yes when on Sea Princess. Boarded in Sydney and purchased wine in first port, Brisbane. There was even an article in the platter indicating that it was OK.

Thanks for your response. July 2019 is recent.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Speaking to several people yesterday (at the ACT Cruisers drinks) who cruised over Xmas on the Majestic, they brought wine on at every port and were only charged (some times) when they took it to the MDR as it wasn't stamped/stickered.

Thanks for that info.

We know people who have had no problems taking wine on at ports of call, but because we are hoping to buy several bottles when our ship calls into Brisbane, we want to be sure. If it is confiscated, we lose it because we are flying home on an international flight and can't carry wine onto the plane.

8 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Thanks for that info.

We know people who have had no problems taking wine on at ports of call, but because we are hoping to buy several bottles when our ship calls into Brisbane, we want to be sure. If it is confiscated, we lose it because we are flying home on an international flight and can't carry wine onto the plane.

They can charge you $15 per bottle for the extra bottles. They were allowing 1 bottle per person without charge.

9 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Thanks for that info.

Makes for a big last night though.

11 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Thanks for that info.

If I was on the same cruise as you, I would gladly help drink the "excess" wine …. I'm just that friendly 🙂 

I have had good luck wrapping bottles in clothes in the middle of the suitcase - and no breakage.... but obviously drinking it is so much better than losing it.... 🙂 

1 hour ago, LHC Kirby said:

If I was on the same cruise as you, I would gladly help drink the "excess" wine …. I'm just that friendly 🙂 

I have had good luck wrapping bottles in clothes in the middle of the suitcase - and no breakage.... but obviously drinking it is so much better than losing it.... 🙂 

It wouldn't be the first time someone has decided to share there alcohol on the last night with whoever is around.

2 hours ago, LHC Kirby said:

30 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It wouldn't be the first time someone has decided to share there alcohol on the last night with whoever is around.

We have sometimes had an extra bottle to get rid of on the last night and can't take it home because we have duty free alcohol. That's not too difficult, but two dozen bottles????? It is a long cruise.😁

We were on the Golden twice round New Zealand  Nov-Dec 2019

Bought wine on board at most ports ( one or two bottles at a time, and once three ), 

Not stopped once and most times there was no alcohol table setup either..

It sort of looked like they don't bother about it, as they would have seen it going through the x-ray machine. and it is a way of making money 

It is interest...

Cheers Don