Enchantment of the Seas Ultra Spacious Ocean View cabin 8012

Petroplex

Howdy, folks. We are sailing on the Enchantment this Summer. My family of 4 is in Owner's Suite 8014. When we log in to our reservation, it says, "Suite." We are traveling with a family of 6 who is staying next to us in cabin 8012. This is an ultra spacious ocean view. It also says "suite" when they log in. That would be excellent, because it would let them have all of the perks that come with it. 

Here's the problem, though. Sometimes Royal's website and customer service is... inconsistent. We didn't think they were booking a suite when they did it. We know that other balcony-free cabins on other ships have been converted to suites, but we can't find any clear documentation on this one. Has anyone actually sailed in Ultra Spacious Ocean View stateroom 8012 on the Enchantment, and can you tell me if suite perks came with it?

7 minutes ago, Petroplex said:

Howdy, folks. We are sailing on the Enchantment this Summer. My family of 4 is in Owner's Suite 8014. When we log in to our reservation, it says, "Suite." We are traveling with a family of 6 who is staying next to us in cabin 8012. This is an ultra spacious ocean view. It also says "suite" when they log in. That would be excellent, because it would let them have all of the perks that come with it. 

Here's the problem, though. Sometimes Royal's website and customer service is... inconsistent. We didn't think they were booking a suite when they did it. We know that other balcony-free cabins on other ships have been converted to suites, but we can't find any clear documentation on this one. Has anyone actually sailed in Ultra Spacious Ocean View stateroom 8012 on the Enchantment, and can you tell me if suite perks came with it?

Hopefully someone who has sailed in this ship can say for sure but that is a category 1K and I have clients who have sailed in this category on other ships and there have not been any suite benefits associated with this cabin category.   

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hopefully someone who has sailed in this ship can say for sure but that is a category 1K and I have clients who have sailed in this category on other ships and there have not been any suite benefits associated with this cabin category.   

That makes sense, and they (who aren't on Cruise Critic) didn't book it expecting suite benefits. They expected enough space for their family. But, sure enough, it says "suite" when they log in. Their teenager really liked the suite lounge when we sailed on the Liberty last year, and we would like to be able to tell her she will have access to it again. However, again, Royal Caribbean and wild inconsistencies. What we are hoping for is some sort of recent policy change.

24 minutes ago, Petroplex said:

That makes sense, and they (who aren't on Cruise Critic) didn't book it expecting suite benefits. They expected enough space for their family. But, sure enough, it says "suite" when they log in. Their teenager really liked the suite lounge when we sailed on the Liberty last year, and we would like to be able to tell her she will have access to it again. However, again, Royal Caribbean and wild inconsistencies. What we are hoping for is some sort of recent policy change.

Did the guests in 8012 choose to prepay gratuities?  If so, you can tell if the stateroom is a full suite by the amount of gratuities.  Royal charges $14.50 per person per day for non full suite staterooms and $17.50 per person per day for full suite staterooms.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Petroplex said:

Travel agents have not received any notice of any type of policy change regarding this category  of  cabins and the really are not  close to being a suite other than the size. 

I woukd bet that it is nothing mote than a glitch with Royal IT.