Passenger Chorus

babscruiser

We are taking a 14-day cruise, Sydney to Sydney, on February 17, 2020.  Does the Queen Elizabeth have a passenger chorus anymore?

We have traveled on the QE and the QM2 many times in the past and have found the chorus to be a very enjoyable activity.  But, we haven't sailed on the QE since she began sailing mostly in Australia.   Has anyone sailed on the QE lately and did they have a chorus?

Babscruiser

Will be following this thread...

My wife is a member of our church chorus and would like to learn more about the Passenger Chorus on Cunard ships.

Would be fun if it is held on our sailing in June on the QM2...

Will be following......

We've been on QE in May 2019 Tokyo to Alaska/Vancouver, and a short weekend break in December from Adelaide to Melbourne.  I didn't see any indication of a passenger chorus, although I could have missed it in the daily program guide.  I have noticed, and very enjoyably listened, to the passenger chorus on QM2 transatlantics, especially when they've supported the National Symphony in the Cunard last night at the proms.

1 hour ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Will be following this thread...

My wife is a member of our church chorus and would like to learn more about the Passenger Chorus on Cunard ships.

Would be fun if it is held on our sailing in June on the QM2...

Will be following......

DH was in the choir on QM2 this past July. Rehearsals were on sea days after lunch (we had a 14-day TA, so there were port days mixed in), about an hour in length, and the concert took place on the last sea day. On our sailing there were about 80 people in all. Like your wife, many of the participants were from church choirs; several of the show singers also participated. Here's a photo of DH's choir. I have a video as well if I can figure out how to post it.

001 Guest Choir.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On the last sea day on our QE cruise in October there was:

Queen Elizabeth Vocalists Performance

Support your fellow guests as this voyage's choir perform popular songs for your listening pleasure.

If that's what you mean.

1 hour ago, Ray66 said:

On the last sea day on our QE cruise in October there was:

Queen Elizabeth Vocalists Performance

Support your fellow guests as this voyage's choir perform popular songs for your listening pleasure.

If that's what you mean.

That sounds right. The listing in our QM2 Daily Programme similarly said "Support your fellow guests as this voyage's choir perform popular songs for your listening pleasure." Our choir's selection was hymns from England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales; the Navy Hymn (Eternal Father Strong to Save); and "What Do You Do With a Drunken Sailor." The whole concert was about 20 minutes.

1 hour ago, nybumpkin said:

DH was in the choir on QM2 this past July. Rehearsals were on sea days after lunch (we had a 14-day TA, so there were port days mixed in), about an hour in length, and the concert took place on the last sea day. On our sailing there were about 80 people in all. Like your wife, many of the participants were from church choirs; several of the show singers also participated. Here's a photo of DH's choir. I have a video as well if I can figure out how to post it.

001 Guest Choir.jpg

Hi nybumpkin,

Thank you for your quick response.

Sounds like something different to experience on board after all the sailings and activities we've seen over the years. Hope your DH truly found it full filling to perform on the Queen of the Seas.

Did he perform on the Stage in the Royal Court Theater or by the Staircase in the Grand Lobby?.

Once again, thank you...

Just now, BklynBoy8 said:

Hi nybumpkin,

Sounds like something different to experience on board after all the sailings and activities we've seen over the years. Hope your DH truly found it full filling to perform on the Queen of the Seas.

Did he perform on the Stage in the Royal Court Theater or by the Staircase in the Grand Lobby?.

Once again, thank you...

DH loved it. He really enjoyed meeting the folks in the choir. The concert was in the Grand Lobby; not sure it's the best location (my video has a number of "pings" from the elevator and I had to stake out my spot early to get the video), but it worked.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Hi nybumpkin,

Once again, thank you...

The other passenger chorus is on crossings with the English National Symphony. On our eastbound crossing, the chorus performs along with the orchestra for “the last night of the proms” featuring music by English composers. Anthony Inglas conduits the performance and rehearsals. This September he coached the chorus on his arrangement of Amazing Grace.

The westbound return crossing featured the normal passenger chorus.