Is confiscated items returned?

Orange Blossom

Will be on the Grandiosa in March and was just reading through the forbidden items... and all heated hair items are forbidden (including hair straighteners/ flat iron). So my question... if its confiscated from my luggage, will it be returned to me at the end of the trip? I'll be traveling through France and England for a few more weeks after the cruise and will need my blow dryer and flat iron. It does say things will not be returned but that seems harsh. 

Thanks

4 hours ago, Orange Blossom said:

Will be on the Grandiosa in March and was just reading through the forbidden items... and all heated hair items are forbidden (including hair straighteners/ flat iron). So my question... if its confiscated from my luggage, will it be returned to me at the end of the trip? I'll be traveling through France and England for a few more weeks after the cruise and will need my blow dryer and flat iron. It does say things will not be returned but that seems harsh. 

Thanks

If your cruise information says hair straighteners/flat irons are forbidden, will be confiscated, and not returned, then go with the information that you were given.

That way, when the cruise line follows its posted rules, you will not be surprised if you decide to take a chance.

It doesn't matter what anyone else posts about their experiences or their opinions.

Think you have misinterpreted the list.

Irons...they mean for your clothes, not your hair .

And a lot of people bring their own hairdryer because they prefer stronger ones.

It just says you can leave yours at home meaning that they provide one.

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

If your cruise information says hair straighteners/flat irons are forbidden, will be confiscated, and not returned, then go with the information that you were given.

That way, when the cruise line follows its posted rules, you will not be surprised if you decide to take a chance.

It doesn't matter what anyone else posts about their experiences or their opinions.

The main reason I am asking is whether to store a piece of luggage on shore during the duration on the trip with my flat iron and blow dryer (and my travel companions "forbidden" items also). It seems silly to waste 45 euros to store a piece of luggage on shore if the ship will return it to me after the cruise.