Stars & Stripes - Pearl Harbor & Battleship Missouri with Princess

zahav1

I'm aware that doing this on your own is better for many reason or taking an Uber or Taxi, etc.   But, just wondering for cruisers out there, has anyone taken this particular excursion and did you have enough time at both places, as the Arizona, visitors center and Missouri?

Thank you

Edited by zahav1
none

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

If you go on your own to the Arizona Memorial, you need to either reserve tickets for later in the day or risk getting one of the limited number of walk in tickets.  I think the cruise line has group tickets already.  For more info:  https://www.nps.gov/valr/planyourvisit/fees.htm

Entry tickets are for a particular time, the earliest being 11am. As Daniel says, you can reserve tickets 60 days in advance, or 24 hours ahead. We will be in Honolulu in April. We plan to go to the Pearl Harbor Visitor Centre reasonably early and line up for one of the 1,300 'walk-in' tickets that become available at 7am. According to the Parks website, most days out of the peak holidays, they have some of these 1,300 tickets still left at the end of the day.

• Thanks 1

You should be aware that the Arizona Memorial has been closed for over a year with no schedule to reopen. They may let you go by on a boat, but the landing dock is closed for reconstruction. The Missouri is open, as is the Arizona museum building. It’s an easy local bus ride there from Aloha Tower, but a long walk from the bus stop.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wineglass said:

You should be aware that the Arizona Memorial has been closed for over a year with no schedule to reopen. They may let you go by on a boat, but the landing dock is closed for reconstruction. The Missouri is open, as is the Arizona museum building. It’s an easy local bus ride there from Aloha Tower, but a long walk from the bus stop.

the Arizona memorial re-opened on september 1, 2019.. we've got tickets for next month.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We took the Stars and Stripes tour through Princess when we were on a Hawaiian cruise last February.   This was our second visit to the Arizona but the first time that we were able to tour the Missouri.  It was not yet open for touring on our previous visit.  We felt we had adequate time to tour both sites.  The tour was pricey but we felt this was a bucket list item and wanted someone else to handle the transportation and the tickets.  We did the complete self guided walking tour of the Missouri with no rushing and even had time to get a quick bite to eat.  Our tickets for the Arizona movie and boat tour had a timed entry so that went very smoothly.  We went through the museum and the store at our leisure.  One reminder is that this is an active military base so no bags of any type are allowed when you go onto the grounds where the Missouri is docked.  They do have lockers there for a fee but there is a line to put items in and then reclaim them, all of which takes up some of your time.  We knew this ahead of time so only took our cell phones and a wallet which fit into a pocket.  Go to the gov. website to get all of the details about restrictions.

Happy touring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We will be on the Emerald Princess from Settle to Hawaii on April 15, 2021. My wife has a great uncle who was, and still is, aboard the Arizona. I would like to set up something special for her to recognize his presence.(flowers, lei, etc.) but don't know where to begin. I would appreciate any ideas on how we might do something special for him

6 hours ago, rand5204 said:

We will be on the Emerald Princess from Settle to Hawaii on April 15, 2021. My wife has a great uncle who was, and still is, aboard the Arizona. I would like to set up something special for her to recognize his presence.(flowers, lei, etc.) but don't know where to begin. I would appreciate any ideas on how we might do something special for him

You might try sending an e-mail to this Park Service Site:  https://www.nps.gov/common/utilities/sendmail/sendemail.cfm?o=5D84D7A9A2D2ABB19DB51ABCED05AAB94F9248AF52A69FD15810B8&r=/valr/faqs.htm

God bless her great uncle.  RIP.