Chac-Chi: Resort next to Costa Maya Pier (merged)

mc'smom

Let me know if you need directions on where the whole in the fence is.

I need directions on how to find the hole in the fence.

They said you must bring your own snacks and drinks.

Does this mean they aren't serving beer and chips as of now?

I need directions on how to find the hole in the fence.

Does this mean they aren't serving beer and chips as of now?

Here is a web site with photos of every turn to make. http://www.zydecocruiser.com/valor_06/post_cruise/chac_chi.htmIt's really easy. The trail may look some what different now since these where taken before the hurricane. But you'll get the ideal.

From what they told me last week, there will be no beer and chips! :confused:

They emailed me and said to bring your own drinks and snacks.

Things are VERY different in that area now. The corner where the hole was is where they are building the HardRock. Mack is currently in CM and I have asked him to take some pictures of how things look now. He will be back on Friday and I'll try to post over the weekend. I will also be there next month and will take more pictures and check out the alternate hole that was down in the parking lot.

These were taken last year:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/566778891DTkHuE

Pictures 3-5 show the road looking towards the backside of the port area. The grey block building on the left is at the corner where the original hole was and where the new HardRock is being built.

Like I said I'll post updated pictures this weekend.

Here is a web site with photos of every turn to make. http://www.zydecocruiser.com/valor_06/post_cruise/chac_chi.htmIt's really easy. The trail may look some what different now since these where taken before the hurricane. But you'll get the ideal.

From what they told me last week, there will be no beer and chips! :confused:

They emailed me and said to bring your own drinks and snacks.

Thanks! Too bad about the beer and chips!

These were taken last year:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/566778891DTkHuE

Pictures 3-5 show the road looking towards the backside of the port area. The grey block building on the left is at the corner where the original hole was and where the new HardRock is being built.

Like I said I'll post updated pictures this weekend.

Looking forward to seeing current pictures. Thanks!

Looking forward to pictures / updates as well. Looking now at a 7/10 Dream cruise that goes there. I'd love to be able to support them. Last visit (before the hurricane), it was just my family & some ship's crew (who were really surprised to see us there...)

I'm seriously Jonesing for a cruise. We'd been doing 3 a year and now it's been a year and a half... It'll be over 2 if we don't go til July. :-(

Mack took a bunch of pictures of the area but I haven't had a chance to upload them to WebShots, hope to get around to it today or tomorrow. I will tell you that the building in the above pictures is NOT the HardRock, it is located another block down from the port area.

OK... I've uploaded a few of the pictures Mack took last week in Costa Maya. Once you are on the inside of the fence you should be able to find your way to the path that goes into the jungle toward Chac Chi as shown in previous pictures that have been posted here.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/575177156vKlbbl

OK... I've uploaded a few of the pictures Mack took last week in Costa Maya. Once you are on the inside of the fence you should be able to find your way to the path that goes into the jungle toward Chac Chi as shown in previous pictures that have been posted here.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/575177156vKlbbl

Thanks! Did you get a chance to go to Chac-Chi?

Thanks! Did you get a chance to go to Chac-Chi?

I was not with Mack on this trip and for him it was ALL about the diving. I was lucky I could talk him in to taking pics for me. I will be porting in Costa Maya on November 18 but will not have time to go over to Chac Chi.

I can tell you that nothing has really changed :(

• 1 month later...

We were scheduled to go to Costa Maya on the Fantasy, 11/10/09 sailing but our itinerary was changed due to Ida. Still no meaningful updates on Chac Chi. We are scheduled to call on Costa Maya on the Ryndam in April. Maybe I can make a report then if no news before then. Seems like we would have gotten an update on conditions by now.

We were scheduled to go to Costa Maya on the Fantasy, 11/10/09 sailing but our itinerary was changed due to Ida. Still no meaningful updates on Chac Chi. We are scheduled to call on Costa Maya on the Ryndam in April. Maybe I can make a report then if no news before then. Seems like we would have gotten an update on conditions by now.

Cruzman - Sorry if my report was NOT what you wanted to hear. As I reported back in October nothing has changed at Chac Chi. I was in Costa Maya on November 18 and took this picture.

ChacChi.jpg

If you want to go sit on the beach I'm sure Juaquin would not mind. I have heard that if you want to have sodas and beer that you can email him and someone might show up. A better plan if you really want want to go is take a taxi to Bere's (in the Casitatas) buy your beer and snacks and go back. The pictures I posted above of the corner of Cerrada del Caribe will be your best way to enter the jungle.

• 4 weeks later...

Since I love the unusual "out of the way" places.... one of my favorite cruise memories is joining the "hole in the fence" gang ... one week before Hurricane Dean destroyed it.

We were suppose to go back to CM last year but the swine flu closed Mexico.

I think about Chac Chi from time to time. I hope they are doing well and will be able to reopen one day.

CruiseCATnMACK, thanks for some updated pictures of the area.

Our first time there they had just erected the new fence in the big new parking lot/construction area and we had to go "under the fence" to get to Chac-Chi's. On the last visit holes had been "re-installed" but there was something being built on the corner. In the back of my mind I was always concerned about all of that construction.

With a Hard Rock going up I think we can say goodbye to the quaint little fishing village we used to visit before the hurricane. Unless Chac-Chi's finds a way to survive Costa Maya may soon be like a sterile trip to Epcot at Disney World.

Because of Chac-Chi's Costa Maya was my favorite port stop; I even have a picture (pre-hurricane) of their beach as wallpaper on my cellphone. I wish BODY,.aolmailheader {font-size:10pt; color:black; font-family:Arial;} a.aolmailheader:link {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:visited {color:magenta; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:active {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:hover {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} Joaquin and his family all the luck in rebuilding and I look forward to our next visit.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

See below....This is what is being posted now.

Bruce

Welcome to Chac-Chi

We are pleased to announce that Chac-Chi is open again, after successfully reparing the damage caused by the hurricane on key areas!

Our focus remains the same, create an place for people looking for relaxation and scaping from crowded places with low impact to the environment. Here you will find a a friendly place next to the sea with high quality food using only the freshest ingredients assembled with loving hands and served in a warm, hospitable and unpretentious manner.

Want to scape from the shops and spend a great day at the beach, come with us we are the closest beach to the peer on Costa Maya.

Come and enjoy yourself once more on your private beach at Costa Maya.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

logo.jpg

Archived