Feb 1st 5 day Cabo- formal night

cruzn fun

Did the 5 day Cabo back in Nov and the first full sea day/nite was the "formal nite".  It was a Sunday as well.

If I understand your dates, then yeah, Sunday Feb 2 should  be formal nite.  Not sure when else they could do it as the next nite is in Cabo.  But knowing Sunday is the big game, maybe they would move it to the nite you sail away from Cabo?????

I'm not sure whether a Super Bowl modification will be made, however I'll also confirm that on September version of the same cruise on Royal had the formal night on the first full sea day, as reported by Breave8920, in our case this was a Saturday.  

This being a very short cruise I'd say truly formal dress (meaning tuxedo's or the like) were few and far between.  Lots of long sleeves for men / dressy tops for ladies.  

I wouldn't put too much stock into the schedule on the MedallionClass app, at least not until the ship sails.  I'm on the sailing before yours, and the schedules shown in the app don't reflect the changes Princess made to the itinerary on this particular sailing earlier this month (the order of the ports was reversed to avoid having four ships in Puerto Vallarta.)  It still shows the old port order and schedule, which leads me to assume it was just copied from previous sailings without adjustment.  If I had to guess, they will most likely be doing formal night on the evening after leaving Cabo since the ship departs port at 1pm that day.

Edited by Vexorg

13 minutes ago, Vexorg said:

I wouldn't put too much stock into the schedule on the MedallionClass app, at least not until the ship sails.  I'm on the sailing before yours, and the schedules shown in the app don't reflect the changes Princess made to the itinerary on this particular sailing earlier this month (the order of the ports was reversed to avoid having four ships in Puerto Vallarta.)  It still shows the old port order and schedule, which leads me to assume it was just copied from previous sailings without adjustment.  If I had to guess, they will most likely be doing formal night on the evening after leaving Cabo since the ship departs port at 1pm that day.

Thanks for your reply!  I definitely understand things can change!   The February 1 cruise is actually a 5-day Cabo getaway.  Itinerary is San Pedro, Sea day (Super Bowl), Cabo overnight (2 days), Sea day, then back to San Pedro.   :)