Captain's Club: Classic Benefits

DTL321

Hello everyone:

I am a lowly Classic member on Celebrity and I expect to be treated like a VIP! I have done so many cruises with them and spent a lot of money.... kidding.

Anyway, I was asking about one perk in particular:

"Pre-sailing specialty restaurant reservations thru the Loyalty Desk"

I am trying to do a Tuscan Grille first evening reservation but the earliest I can get is 9:30pm. Do you know if this benefit actually means I can get a better time? As in they save a few reservations for Captain's Club members? Or is this just fluff and has no meaning? How does one get in contact with the Loyalty Desk?

If not, I guess I will be happy eating at 9:30pm and crying into my one free scoop of gelato the next day... Guess I will eat in the MDR for a snack then head over to Tuscan for my 9:30pm reservation. Such a hard life of a person on vacation on a cruise!

Enjoy your dinner at 9:30 ;).   Seriously first night discounted dinners are very popular I booked 14 months out and got a 8 p. reservation.  More often when I try 4-5 months ahead the earliest I see is 9:30.  We are Elite + and that doesn’t get us a earlier time.

Yes, they do hold some times back.  If you are willing to book and pay full price you can probably get a earlier time, or if you are in a top level suite.  But for those of us who want to go at a discount early or late times are most often what we have to chose from.  

1 hour ago, DTL321 said:

....I am trying to do a Tuscan Grille first evening reservation but the earliest I can get is 9:30pm. Do you know if this benefit actually means I can get a better time? As in they save a few reservations for Captain's Club members? Or is this just fluff and has no meaning? How does one get in contact with the Loyalty Desk?

This is what they typically do to keep tables available to accommodate suite passengers who may want early reservations, even if they have lots of available tables.

If you are in a suite,  you should have no problem, especially so if you are in a high level suite.

Otherwise, You can try calling the Captain's Club

1 800 760 9654  or 1 844 418 6824

But AFAIK they do not give any advantage to Captain's Club members.  Just about everyone who cruises with Celebrity is a Captain's Club member.

Or try for an earlier time once you are onboard.  That is easier to do on other evenings because they typically offer discounted prices for the first evening and it sells out.

Edited by varoo