Carnival Post-Cruise Transportation to the Airport

jmb5081

Hey there! Leaving on our first ever cruise next weekend, and we’re super excited! However, I booked a flight at noon on the day we get back home. I just realized that we fly in the day before super bowl and getting off the boat for the first time and back to FLL airport might be worse than I’m expecting. Has anyone had luck with the pre or post cruise transportation to/from the airports? I’m nervous because I really don’t want to miss our flight. I know I’m going to have to tell GS the night before we leave that we have an early flight, and maybe even opt to carry our own luggage off the boat. But I wanted to hear your opinions before I bought the transportation option. Thank you in advance for your assistance! 😃

15 minutes ago, jmb5081 said:

Hey there! Leaving on our first ever cruise next weekend, and we’re super excited! However, I booked a flight at noon on the day we get back home. I just realized that we fly in the day before super bowl and getting off the boat for the first time and back to FLL airport might be worse than I’m expecting. Has anyone had luck with the pre or post cruise transportation to/from the airports? I’m nervous because I really don’t want to miss our flight. I know I’m going to have to tell GS the night before we leave that we have an early flight, and maybe even opt to carry our own luggage off the boat. But I wanted to hear your opinions before I bought the transportation option. Thank you in advance for your assistance! 😃

Are you coming from Miami?

1 hour ago, jmb5081 said:

Yes. We are flying in and out of Fort Lauderdale, but the shop is out of Miami.

I do that all the time.  12 noon is the recommended return time so it isn't considered an early flight.  I use Carnival shuttle to return to FLL.  As a solo cruiser, it is cheaper than rideshare.  I also dislike hunting for an unfamiliar vehicle during debark chaos when the buses are right there.  The buses do not wait until full.  They wait until they are dispatched by the clipboard person, usually 2/3 thirds full and the next bus is there.  I usually am on the first bus out so at the airport 9-9:30

6 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

I do that all the time.  12 noon is the recommended return time so it isn't considered an early flight.  I use Carnival shuttle to return to FLL.  As a solo cruiser, it is cheaper than rideshare.  I also dislike hunting for an unfamiliar vehicle during debark chaos when the buses are right there.  The buses do not wait until full.  They wait until they are dispatched by the clipboard person, usually 2/3 thirds full and the next bus is there.  I usually am on the first bus out so at the airport 9-9:30

Thank you! This was very insightful. I will book this now. Our flight is leaving at 12:05 so the idea that we might cut it close scares me, but your information puts me at ease. 😌

Thanks again! 😁

It’s a ship, not a boat. That said, the problem with the Carnival shuttles is that you can’t leave port until it’s full. Personally, I find taking a taxi to be easier, quicker and cheaper. There might be a small line, but it moves fast because there’s always an endless supply of taxis. 

3 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

It’s a ship, not a boat. That said, the problem with the Carnival shuttles is that you can’t leave port until it’s full. Personally, I find taking a taxi to be easier, quicker and cheaper. There might be a small line, but it moves fast because there’s always an endless supply of taxis. 

That is not true  I have taken 20 plus Carnival shuttles back to the airport and they are never full.  They may be half to 2/3 full and they start filling the next bus

4 hours ago, jmb5081 said:

Thank you! This was very insightful. I will book this now. Our flight is leaving at 12:05 so the idea that we might cut it close scares me, but your information puts me at ease. 😌

Thanks again! 😁

I have the 12:05 pm flight out on my next cruise    

never had a problem with Uber or Lyft, it clearly says the model and color of the vehicle. The smart driver hang around the port, like some drivers stay close to an airport. I have never waited more than 5 minutes, usually less.

• Like 1