BOTTLE GATORADE

shipndip60

On 6/29/2022 at 5:45 PM, BlerkOne said:

Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

When re-boarding in Port everglades last April, I left the ship twice during a B2B2B & returned with an empty suitcase only containing a dozen plastic bottles each time and security didn't blink an eye. 

Princess might ask that you don't but security doesn't care one way or the other. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 2:45 PM, BlerkOne said:

"Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding."

Where is this passage found.  I don't see any of this in my travel documents.

13 minutes ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Where is this passage found.  I don't see any of this in my travel documents.

Passage contract:

https://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/pcl.html

Guests agree not to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or for any other use except as follows:

• For Guests of legal drinking age, an allowance of one (1) bottle of wine or champagne (750 mL in volume or less) per Guest per Voyage may be presented to security during embarkation. A US $20.00 corkage fee will be charged should Guests wish to consumer their wine or champagne in the ship’s public areas.
  • A US $20.00 corkage fee (which is subject to change without notice) will apply to each additional bottle (750 mL in volume or less) beyond the one-bottle per Guest per Voyage allowance. Limitations apply, and wine brought in quantities deemed to be excessive by the vessel or security will be refused.
  • Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Passage contract:

https://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/pcl.html

Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

I wonder if someone might be able to describe what their current actual practices might be.  Pre-covid, they were pretty loose about what people brought back onto the ship on port days.  As a matter of fact, people even brought bottles of alcohol back onto the ship and there was never an issue; unless you declared it, then they would hold it for you until the end of the cruise.

I was thinking of picking up soft drinks from markets on port days rather than hauling it, along with luggage, on embarkation.

Edited by SiliconCruiser

9 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

I wonder if someone might be able to describe what their current actual practices might be.  Pre-covid, they were pretty loose about what people brought back onto the ship on port days.  As a matter of fact, people even brought bottles of alcohol back onto the ship and there was never an issue; unless you declared it, then they would hold it for you until the end of the cruise.

I was thinking of picking up soft drinks from markets on port days rather than hauling it, along with luggage, on embarkation.

Things haven't changed. 😉