Do I need online check-in?

Harrisburger72

We are hoping to get on the Equinox in a couple weeks.  I had started the online check-in but never finished it.  Our travel docs list me but not my wife.  She's TBD (to be determined).

I've tried multiple times to finish since but no luck.  We tried calling but couldn't get through.

Is that a problem or will we be able to board?   Thanks,

Edited by Harrisburger72

12 minutes ago, Harrisburger72 said:

We are hoping to get on the Equinox in a couple weeks.  I had started the online check-in but never finished it.  Our travel docs list me but not my wife.  She's TBD (to be determined).

I've tried multiple times to finish since but no luck.  We tried calling but couldn't get through.

Is that a problem or will we be able to board?   Thanks,

Why would your wife be listed as TBD? 

Edited by davekathy

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Why would your wife be listed as TBD? 

If you own the reservation you can add your wife on the Manage Reservation Screen.    If with an agent you need to call them and have her added.    I've had this happen and just changed it this morning.   You can not add them during the check in as you haven't specified who they are on the Reservation.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you own the reservation you can add your wife on the Manage Reservation Screen.    If with an agent you need to call them and have her added.    I've had this happen and just changed it this morning.   You can not add them during the check in as you haven't specified who they are on the Reservation.

Well said. OP, get this fixed before you go anywhere near the port. There is a point (usually 3-5 days) before the cruise when they red line the ship. That means no one else can be added due to security. This is especially true on cruises sailing into or out of the United States. I would call and stay on the line until you get through. If you are a past X cruiser, call the Captain's Club. Much easier to get through. And it is also correct that if you booked through an agency, you need to contact them. If you did book through an agency, you need a new TA. 😃

• Like 2