Large Bottles of Wine or Boxed Wine?

capecruzer

I think it depends on who is working. I have brought on 4 of the mini bottles on board before (187 ml each x 4 = 748ml; the max allowed is 750ml per person) and had no issues at Long Beach or New Orleans. I prefer the small bottles as it keeps my champagne fizzy for when I want a mimosa.

6 hours ago, capecruzer said:

Anyone try to bring on the larger bottles of wine or boxed wine?  Are they very strict with the bottle size; ie., only allow 175ml size? 

Met some ladies on one of our cruises who pack wine box in suitcase each time

You are only allowed 1 750 ml bottle of wine or sparkling wine or champagne per person per over 21 and it has to be in carry on. And if it is something unusual like some of the wine type products Aldi or Trader Joe's sells, make sure it says wine.

With that said, I have never had my carry on checked. However, my checked luggage has been. It got confiscated and I had to stand in a looonnngggg, painful line at NCL over Diet Dr. Pepper. 😣 It was so annoying because I wasn't even trying to sneak anything on. And on my last carnival cruise, my brother made a similar same mistake and missed dinner the first night... again, over DDP in his checked luggage because he put both his and my Mom's in his checked luggage.  I even reminded him he should carry it on and he forgot.

So...make sure you carry your bottles and soda cans on. 

Yes, I should have said they are strict about wine bottle size MAX  of 750 ml per person for two people in a cabin.  

I have no idea how anyone brings a box of wine in their suitcase, but that is a lot of work for cheap wine. 😉