teen in studio connecting cabin

chars

I have never sailed in a studio but am wondering if it is possible to get two connecting studios and put a 17 year old in one.  I know that passengers need to be 21 years old but wondering if the rules were different for connecting studios.

1 minute ago, poohdreaming said:

If only 1 parent cruising with a 17 yrs old - then no.

But what Julig22 said is true - NCL does not look or will know if the 17 yrs old is going to be in the cabin that he was booked in.

5 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I can't speak to the studio issue, but you can always book the 17yo with an adult and switch rooms - NCL doesn't really care where you actually sleep.  You will just need to get a 2nd key.

From the NCL website it does say that you can put minors in a connecting or adjoining cabin.

Traveling with Minors and Young Adults:
Norwegian Cruise Line's policy dictates that a minor or young adult under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom (or a connecting/adjoining stateroom) by a guest 21 years of age or older at the time of boarding.

@Liljo22 you raise an interesting point.  I can't find anything that explicitly says the Studio cabins are specifically for adults and excludes the OP's situation, I suppose it can be implied based on the requirement that people sailing in their own cabin must be at least 21 years old.

There are 2 situations where I might see an issue - 

In the lounge (on the Bliss anyway) is a wine dispenser (same as the ones in the buffet).  I do not know if it will be restricted to dispensing to guests 21 and older.  Yes, it should be and may be.  It's a charged item to get a glass from the dispenser.

Interaction with others in the studio lounge.  Since most people there will be 20-30 years older (or more) the 17 year-old might feel a little out of place in the lounge.  I'm not assuming the 17 year-old will be going to solo gatherings, but these people will be in and out of there all cruise.

I've not seen the idea posed before.  It may be worth the OP calling NCL and asking the question.  However - other than the extra privacy offered by having separate cabins I see no significant benefit to booking Studio compared to an actual double-occupancy balcony.