Veuling Airlines

klfrodo

Search came up empty for this forum.

Looking for someone familiar with Veuling Airlines and their baggage fees.

The website is not completely clear. It talks about the first checked bag if booking basic fare, then talks about extra bags but doesn't tell you what the extra fee is.

I tried doing a mock booking to see if there were any clues.

So, I'm looking at a flight NTE to BCN with 2 checked bags and 1 carry-on. Can anybody give me a clue or a link that gives me the baggage fees for all luggage?

Dates are irrelevant at this time.

Thanks

I expect you've already seen their bag policy page but just in case you haven't, here's the link: 

https://www.vueling.com/en/vueling-services/prepare-your-trip/luggage/checked-baggage

Their "optima" fare includes one checked bag, currently 23 kg but apparently going up to 25 kg in March according to that web page.

The reason you can't get a straight answer on the cost of extra bags is that they operate a dynamic pricing policy, so on one day you might pay X for your extra bag and on the next the price could be Y. The only way to know the exact price for your chosen flight is to do a mock booking and keep going all the way through until it gives you the chance to add on the extra bag. At that point it will tell you how much they're charging you for it. 

Note that with the dynamic pricing, even if you do a mock booking the price may have changed by the time you come to do your actual booking!

On 1/24/2020 at 10:35 AM, FionaMG said:

I expect you've already seen their bag policy page but just in case you haven't, here's the link: 

https://www.vueling.com/en/vueling-services/prepare-your-trip/luggage/checked-baggage

Their "optima" fare includes one checked bag, currently 23 kg but apparently going up to 25 kg in March according to that web page.

The reason you can't get a straight answer on the cost of extra bags is that they operate a dynamic pricing policy, so on one day you might pay X for your extra bag and on the next the price could be Y. The only way to know the exact price for your chosen flight is to do a mock booking and keep going all the way through until it gives you the chance to add on the extra bag. At that point it will tell you how much they're charging you for it. 

Note that with the dynamic pricing, even if you do a mock booking the price may have changed by the time you come to do your actual booking!

I don't think that the baggage fees are truely dynamic: but as that Vueling site says, the different destinations have different prices (most likely: longer flight = more expensive fees) and then of course you pay more if you do that at the airport check-in, although with careful planning (ensure that your cabin baggage does not exceed the size and weight restrictions) you should be able to avoid paying extra fees and pay the right amount of baggage fees in advance.