Stay off ship in one port, rejoin it at the next?

suekay

We haven't sailed on Princess since 2001, so I'm not sure of what is allowed. When sailing Celebrity in the Far East we were able to stay onshore at one port and rejoin the ship at the next port, but we had to get written permission in advance of the sailing . We would like to do the same in March 2021 leaving the ship in Cambodia and rejoining in Bangkok the following day. Has anybody done this on Princess. TIA

There is a special department at Princess for this.  It is a Sector Deviation.  I was first informed it only took two or three days to get a response.  Now I have been told two WEEKS!!  Plan ahead.  I am sitting on waiting to book the airfare between two ports and hoping price doesn't all of a sudden jump up.  I still have time, but wish it was in place now since we have been working on booking shore excursions for the entire voyage.

14 hours ago, suekay said:

We haven't sailed on Princess since 2001, so I'm not sure of what is allowed. When sailing Celebrity in the Far East we were able to stay onshore at one port and rejoin the ship at the next port, but we had to get written permission in advance of the sailing . We would like to do the same in March 2021 leaving the ship in Cambodia and rejoining in Bangkok the following day. Has anybody done this on Princess. TIA

I'm told it's not allowed in Hawaii because of the PVSA. However, it should be permissible on international itineraries.