Tamarind restaurant reservations

vicd1969

I'm booked on a Nieuw Statendam cruise this June, and considering eating in the Tamarind for the first night of the cruise, using some of the OBC included in our cruise package. Since our group is up to 14  people, was wondering when would be the best time to make the reservation for our large group. Are we required to make the reservation upon embarkation, or can we book ahead? We've booked through an online travel agency, so not sure the agent can help with this reservation.

Edited by vicd1969

You can book ahead by logging into the HAL site and going to “Manage My bookings” and then go to specialty restaurants.

But if you do that, you won’t be able to use your OBC - you will have to pay immediately by credit card.

14 is a large group and to the best of my knowledge there are not tables to accommodate  that large of a group.  You can be all seated close together though which might be better than a large table to chat.

If you want to use your OBC, you will need to wait until embarkation day.  I’d head right away to make the booking.

• Like 1

There is a hallway podium across from the Pinnacle Grill on Deck 2 where you can make your Tamarind reservations as soon as you board the ship. 

The Pinnacle Grill should accomodate your large group at one of their long tables.

Thank you Kazu and Crew News/Roger for your advice. Ironically, we used your website’s posted menu to guide us and the vegetarian Tamarind dishes really appealed to some of us. We don’t need to sit together in one or two tables, so will try to head for Deck 2 as soon as we board. 

2 hours ago, vicd1969 said:

Thank you Kazu and Crew News/Roger for your advice. Ironically, we used your website’s posted menu to guide us and the vegetarian Tamarind dishes really appealed to some of us. We don’t need to sit together in one or two tables, so will try to head for Deck 2 as soon as we board. 

Make sure you are in the correct line for reservations as there will be two lines (one for Specialty Restaurans against the wall and another for the podium).

Listen carefully to which of the dipping sauces are the spiciest and observe the colors of the sauce containers.  The green sauce has just a little nip and great on the giant shrimp crackers.  You can request that the amount of spice be limited in any dish.  The Wasabi filet is my favorite entree.  The Tom Khakai soup with chili oil has a bite.

image.png.3b9d124e5ef4486a3ff209f0922748d6.png

• Like 1

The largest table I have seen was for 8 people -- in the center of the restaurant -- 2 tables for 4 people pushed together.  People at one of the table couldn't talk to the people at the other end of the table.

So I would suggest you ask for 2 tables of 4 and then a table of 6 -- they will push another table to a table of 4.