Can I change specialty dinner nights and times after I make reservation online?

Petoonya

Forgive me. I’m an Oceania regular and new to NCL.

We are traveling with people who have young children, and in specialty restaurants they want to eat early and we like late.

They’re dragging their feet to make their reservations and we’re ready to go.

if we make our reservations online now and change our minds and decide to join them, are we locked into times we initially request?

If not can I change them online or do I have to wait until we board?

Thanks very much for your help.

Any cancellations - do it before the 24-hour onboard.

The time listed online - if any are left - are usually late hours.

But when you board on the first day, head to where they make reservation for dinners.

If too late - reservations are filled up and no guarantee for you to use it.

It is best to reserve for the time or whatever spot is left right now & then change it on board.

From NCL Website:

What is your Restaurant Cancellation policy?

Cancellations of dinner reservations must be made 24 hours prior to the scheduled dining time. If cancellation occurs with less than 24 hours’ notice, the full price of the cover per guest will be charged. We strive for excellent service; therefore, we can only hold your dinner reservation for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, the unclaimed reservation will be released and the full price of the cover per guest will be charged to you. In the case of pre-paid reservation, no refunds will be issued for cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice.

Edited by poohdreaming

4 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Forgive me. I’m an Oceania regular and new to NCL.

We are traveling with people who have young children, and in specialty restaurants they want to eat early and we like late.

They’re dragging their feet to make their reservations and we’re ready to go.

if we make our reservations online now and change our minds and decide to join them, are we locked into times we initially request?

If not can I change them online or do I have to wait until we board?

Thanks very much for your help.

No.  This is “freestyle” cruising.  Lol.   To my understanding NCL keeps open a percentage of tables in each restaurant for online booking and another for onboard bookings (in person, TV, public screens by elevators).   If others have better insight please let us know as we want to change a reservation also and it’s full online.    

6 minutes ago, VegasMIGolf said:

No.  This is “freestyle” cruising.  Lol.   To my understanding NCL keeps open a percentage of tables in each restaurant for online booking and another for onboard bookings (in person, TV, public screens by elevators).   If others have better insight please let us know as we want to change a reservation also and it’s full online.    

Yes, this is true - they hold some for on board booking. So on the first day, it is best to go to that specific restaurant or next to guest services where they list out menus and help with cancellation/changing time or to book for a restaurant.

To change or want to reserve ahead of time - you can call this number: 1.866.234.7350

4 minutes ago, poohdreaming said:

Yes, this is true - they hold some for on board booking. So on the first day, it is best to go to that specific restaurant or next to guest services where they list out menus and help with cancellation/changing time or to book for a restaurant.

To change or want to reserve ahead of time - you can call this number: 1.866.234.7350

Thanks very much!