Complimentary drinks in MDR for dinner

jujuyu211

13 hours ago, DryCreek said:

While we're discussing coffee, how is it?  I'm not a true coffee snob, but I do love a good dark roast.  I like my coffee strong and fresh, and always black.  Is their coffee tolerable?  How does it compare to the coffee available at the Lido deck beverage stations?

It's been nearly 10 years since we last cruised, my memory has faded when it comes to their coffee.

I will bet that it has to be better than the swill offered at Walt Disney World.  Nescafe, yuk....

My husband is not a coffee snob, but does have some he enjoys more than others (and also prefers plain - no milk or sugar).  He finds the complimentary coffee tolerable enough to have a cup in the morning at either Lido or MDR and also a cup at dinner with dessert most nights.

The Lido coffee in the morning is probably the freshest since they likely have more turnover, likewise coffee at late dinner service or a late seating in a specialty restaurant has more potential to be more bitter/stale.

You can always try a cup of included coffee the first night, and if it is drinkable win-win 🙂 If not, you know to order a specialty coffee next time.

23 hours ago, DryCreek said:

While we're discussing coffee, how is it?  I'm not a true coffee snob, but I do love a good dark roast.  I like my coffee strong and fresh, and always black.  Is their coffee tolerable?  How does it compare to the coffee available at the Lido deck beverage stations?

It's been nearly 10 years since we last cruised, my memory has faded when it comes to their coffee.

I will bet that it has to be better than the swill offered at Walt Disney World.  Nescafe, yuk....

Us too, like a nice dark roast. You will only find these in the specialty coffee shop for a charge, free with Cheers. We tolerate the room service coffee out of pure laziness. 

19 hours ago, E@syPe@zy said:

I drink New Orleans dark roast coffee at home and I can make do with their coffee.  If I get it from the buffet area, I like to get a small amount of the machine ice cream first and then add my coffee.  It's a nice treat.  The worst coffee I've had on a cruise was the sludge they served on NCL years ago.  I had to pinch my nose to drink that.  Also, I ask for coffee when I first sit down in the MDR also.  I like a nice tall glass of ice water and my coffee with dinner.  I believe they prefer to serve coffee with dessert, but they never the less take care of me.  

Community Coffee Special Dark Roast?

I like that one.  It was my morning go-to for awhile.  Then, I discovered Seattle's Best Post Alley.  In a pour-over it's heaven.  I keep a bag in my desk at work, in the freezer at home, and a bag in the motor home too.

If I'm feeling lazy, then I like the Keurig Barista Prima Italian Dark Roast (Decaf too!). 

1 hour ago, DryCreek said:

Community Coffee Special Dark Roast?

I like that one.  It was my morning go-to for awhile.  Then, I discovered Seattle's Best Post Alley.  In a pour-over it's heaven.  I keep a bag in my desk at work, in the freezer at home, and a bag in the motor home too.

If I'm feeling lazy, then I like the Keurig Barista Prima Italian Dark Roast (Decaf too!). 

I don't like that as well as Cafe DuMonde.  I've tried several, but keep coming back to CDM.  

Where do you get your Seattle's Best Post Alley?  I used to order a case of the the Cafe DuMonde, but now I order 6 cans at a time from Amazon.

On 1/31/2020 at 9:45 PM, E@syPe@zy said:

I don't like that as well as Cafe DuMonde.  I've tried several, but keep coming back to CDM.  

Where do you get your Seattle's Best Post Alley?  I used to order a case of the the Cafe DuMonde, but now I order 6 cans at a time from Amazon.

I get it at a Texas based grocery store.  H.E.B.

It's $4.65 for the 13 ounce bag.

Edited by DryCreek
added link.

On 1/25/2020 at 1:30 PM, bury me at sea said:

Hot tea I don't know.  Never tried.

On 1/25/2020 at 4:08 PM, jujuyu211 said:

Regular coffee is free. Anyone know about hot tea (not specialty ones)?

Basic Lipton hot tea is free (included).  It tastes meh, but adequate for average Americans.  Any nicer teas, which they call "Art of Tea Selections", is extra.  I never checked closely, let alone ordered one, but they're probably equivalent to the Bigelow brand (which I drink at home). Either way, they're tea bags, not loose leaf.

This is true at all meals, even tea time.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01
  • Thanks 1