Caribbean JUICE MACHINE on Sky?

chabad

From my observations cruising on both the Caribbean recently over the summer, and my most recent Sky cruise...… It puzzles me why the brand spanking new Sky Princess does not have the Self Service Juice Machines up on the Lido deck, like the newly refurbished lido area on the Caribbean. I must say that was such a nice feature, and I automatically assumed they would have the same juice machine available on the Sky. During breakfast they had orange juice, and apple juice options. Then for lunch there was ice tea and lemonade options on the dispenser which was great for making virgin Arnold palmers. Anyone else take notice of this. 

Great question. I took notice of the same thing. One would think if you put something new on one ship (that was refurbished not long ago) you'd definitely put it on a new ship as well. Hmmm. 

Edited by Jeter02

39 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Great question. I took notice of the same thing. One would think if you put something new on one ship (that was refurbished not long ago) you'd definitely put it on a new ship as well. Hmmm. 

Not if it didn’t go over well.   🤔

• Like 3

Princess does indict there will be coke machines in the future. remember Carnival who owns princess is in the process of switching from Coke products to Pepsi. That might have something to do wit it. Why put Coke machines on a ship that might switch to Pepsi in the near future. Pepsi has the machines also and a far better selection that Coke. My observation only. Just on the Sky and only fountain sodas with the deluxe drink package. Want a can. You pay for it.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 5:22 PM, twodaywonder said:

Princess does indict there will be coke machines in the future. remember Carnival who owns princess is in the process of switching from Coke products to Pepsi. That might have something to do wit it. Why put Coke machines on a ship that might switch to Pepsi in the near future. Pepsi has the machines also and a far better selection that Coke. My observation only. Just on the Sky and only fountain sodas with the deluxe drink package. Want a can. You pay for it.

I'm not sure what Carnival switching to Pepsi has to do with Princess.  Carnival also owns Cunard, which has carried Pepsi for years.  Aren't these decisions made by the individual cruise lines?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 57eric said:

I'm not sure what Carnival switching to Pepsi has to do with Princess.  Carnival also owns Cunard, which has carried Pepsi for years.  Aren't these decisions made by the individual cruise lines?

I never said anything about Princess doing what Carnival says they will do. Only speculation on why no machines yet on Princess.  Having to pay for a soda package or even the drink package and only offered 3 or 4 choices is terrible. I like Coke Zero. They had it in a can. You still had to purchase it. I had the drink package. Did not like that at all. 

On 1/26/2020 at 1:20 PM, chabad said:

Then for lunch there was ice tea and lemonade options on the dispenser which was great for making virgin Arnold palmers. Anyone else take notice of this. 

What is a "virgin Arnold Palmer"?  I thought  an Arnold Palmer was an iced tea/lemonade mixture, and is already a non-alcoholic drink.  The adjective "virgin" would therefore be completely redundant.