Azamara mentioned in Which? Survey

Azamarajunkie

Indeed but as I said on the thread about land discoveries it is annoying they could so easily have been second!

Totally agree with the scores awarded in all categories, very fair and cover the strengths and weaknesses (easily fixable imho) absolutely as I would rank them, though to be fair I wonder how many entertainment scores were influenced by cruises before they put right the big mistakes they made trying to change the format last year.  If entertainment includes onboard lectures then the score is valid as thats an area that has gone downhill significantly in the last 18 months.  Too many last minute shoe ins and some of the topics have been well....why would anyone think it was a good idea to have that as a talk!

But delighted to see the onboard service and guest interaction getting the credit it deserves

• Like 1

I’m not sure how statistically reliable a sample audience of 67 people would be. 

However well done to Azamara on coming third, despite the issues that Ann has mentioned above. Also very well deserved to Viking on coming first. They are becoming a real force to be reckoned with in the cruising world and I think their ships and their cruise experience in general is just excellent. 

• Like 2

I cannot understand how Saga can score higher than Azamara on food and drink. IMHO the food on Saga Spirit of Discovery was not a patch on the quality, choice and presentation on Azamara. 

Saga also scored equally on Social Atmosphere, which seems unbelievable to me. 

I’m sure that Saga offers what it’s regular clientele want. That is British style which appeals to the older market. I fail to see how they will continue to grow their brand though. 

11 hours ago, cinnamon said:

I cannot understand how Saga can score higher than Azamara on food and drink. IMHO the food on Saga Spirit of Discovery was not a patch on the quality, choice and presentation on Azamara. 

Saga also scored equally on Social Atmosphere, which seems unbelievable to me....

And that is precisely why such surveys ought to come with a severe 'health warning', particularly with such a small sample! Actually, in our opinion, Azamara food and drink we found to generally be no better than the best of the mass cruiselines. Azamara considers itself premium, and is priced accordingly, but not in our book across 47 cruises on 15 different cruiselines.

We would consider Az, overall, to be one of the best (and the most expensive) mass market cruiselines and were surprised it scored so highly in the Which Survey against some truly premium and low end luxury lines.....but that is only two opinions, YMMV.

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1