Anyone done a 2 night cruise on X?

Teacherloves2Cruise

27 minutes ago, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

Hi everyone,

I am looking for folks who have experienced a 2 night sailing on Celebrity (any ship). We board Infinity 2/8 and I would love some insights on the activities planned- particularly nightlife. TIA!

Amsterdam to Southampton on Constellation, September 2012.

We took this cruise to become Elite, we needed just one point (on the old system) before a 14 night cruise.

We were Select and my notes say that we weren’t given any Select perks (Elite were given $49 off Internet).We were told there would be a letter in the cabin and there wasn’t one. When I asked at Guest Relations, we were told no perks due to only being a 2 day cruise, but at breakfast on our final morning I found out that Elite were given perks so, I contacted Celebrity on our return and was given $50 OBC p.p.for  our next cruise.

i got the feeling that it was more of a party cruise.

Edited by upwarduk

2 minutes ago, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

Do you recall anything about the activities offered and the nightlife? 

No, but we would have gone to the Theatre, as we always do.

Theatre shows are usually scheduled at 7&9pm.

Now that we eat at 7 pm ( after the Elite Happy Hour) we usually go to the 9 pm show.

1 minute ago, mackjack9139 said:

I posted a similar question a month or so back and did not get any replies. I am still wondering, particularly if there will be trivia, silent disco, and comedian or production show? 

Sorry to hear that. I will go out on a limb and say there will be 1 production show 1 of the nights and then another performance (maybe a comedian) another night, at least. Silent Discos seem to be big on X, so I am hopeful they will have that one night as well. Are you on 2/8 wth me?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

Sorry to hear that. I will go out on a limb and say there will be 1 production show 1 of the nights and then another performance (maybe a comedian) another night, at least. Silent Discos seem to be big on X, so I am hopeful they will have that one night as well. Are you on 2/8 wth me?

That is what I am hoping as well. Not too concerned since I am happy to sit around and read for 2 days if the entertainment is lacking! We are on 3/21 

1 minute ago, mackjack9139 said:

That is what I am hoping as well. Not too concerned since I am happy to sit around and read for 2 days if the entertainment is lacking! We are on 3/21 

I hear ya. That solarium pool is calling my name. I would be thrilled to sit by/in it for the entire time. I can give you an idea of hat to expect when I get back.

There have been a few posts about the 2 day cruises lately, one had a number of replies.  Anyway, we did the 2 night Silhouette cruise last year.  Can't remember exactly the activities but there were quite a few.  As to evenings, we had only guest entertainers, different both nights, no production shows.  It definitely was not a normal Celebrity type cruise, lots more groups out to enjoy themselves on our sailing.

We were on a 2-night on Infinity last year and are doing another one in February. It's a weekend away for us - not a sub for a longer cruise. First, there are no Captain's Club activities during the cruise. We were in a concierge cabin last year and there was the embarkation lunch and we did get our "gifts". There was a much lighter schedule of daily activities - basically you only have one day and that is in port.  I do know they had trivia at least twice, but not a lot else going on. If I remember correctly there was a sort of production show one night  (I think it was just the cast singing) and maybe a comedian the other night. It was the normal schedule of two shows per night. There was a full moon party on deck the second night and a very small crowd. I do remember we were shocked at how  quiet it was around the ship. There was a DJ in the foyer and music in the lounge. Dining was like a regular cruise but because your one day is a port day the dining room was closed for breakfast and lunch. We did not see the "party" atmosphere that some people talk about. If you get off in Nassau then you really spend almost no time on the ship. It's more like a floating hotel than a regular cruise - still plenty to do but definitely pared down from a regular cruise.

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

There have been a few posts about the 2 day cruises lately, one had a number of replies.  Anyway, we did the 2 night Silhouette cruise last year.  Can't remember exactly the activities but there were quite a few.  As to evenings, we had only guest entertainers, different both nights, no production shows.  It definitely was not a normal Celebrity type cruise, lots more groups out to enjoy themselves on our sailing.

Thanks for sharing. I am hoping for a production show but if they don’t run it certainly won’t ruin my cruise!!

1 hour ago, lorimay said:

We were on a 2-night on Infinity last year and are doing another one in February. It's a weekend away for us - not a sub for a longer cruise. First, there are no Captain's Club activities during the cruise. We were in a concierge cabin last year and there was the embarkation lunch and we did get our "gifts". There was a much lighter schedule of daily activities - basically you only have one day and that is in port.  I do know they had trivia at least twice, but not a lot else going on. If I remember correctly there was a sort of production show one night  (I think it was just the cast singing) and maybe a comedian the other night. It was the normal schedule of two shows per night. There was a full moon party on deck the second night and a very small crowd. I do remember we were shocked at how  quiet it was around the ship. There was a DJ in the foyer and music in the lounge. Dining was like a regular cruise but because your one day is a port day the dining room was closed for breakfast and lunch. We did not see the "party" atmosphere that some people talk about. If you get off in Nassau then you really spend almost no time on the ship. It's more like a floating hotel than a regular cruise - still plenty to do but definitely pared down from a regular cruise.

Interesting. I do a bunch for short cruises (usually NCL or Royal) and I enjoy the fact that there usually is a good party going on each night. Hoping for that in this case, too. 

We did an Royal 3-day last year also and it was MUCH more of a party atmosphere. We aren't drinkers so usually don't hang out in any of the bars, so I may have missed a huge party somewhere. But I can tell you the crowd was small at the full moon party and there didn't seem to be much going on around the ship the second night. 

• Like 1

I just did the FLL Nassau 2 night on Equinox Jan 16-18. I've attached the Daily Planner parts of Celebrity Today. Can click on one and then click the magnify button to see a bit larger/clearer. I seem to need to click twice.day1.thumb.jpeg.0585807a03fc8192d6104fa7848e263c.jpeg

day2.thumb.jpeg.80e2a9b26c3f9dccd504264e02315dd4.jpeg

Edited by twins_to_alaska
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I just did the FLL Nassau 2 night on Equinox Jan 16-18. I've attached the Daily Planner parts of Celebrity Today. Can click on one and then click the magnify button to see a bit larger/clearer. I seem to need to click twice.day1.thumb.jpeg.0585807a03fc8192d6104fa7848e263c.jpeg

day2.thumb.jpeg.80e2a9b26c3f9dccd504264e02315dd4.jpeg

That is really thoughtful of you to share! Thank you.