Important Silversea flight question!!!!!

lrcruising

We are booked on the Silver Moon and the fare included economy air (a $900 value pp).  We paid extra $699 pp per each way to upgrade to business.

They started by pricing 2 different itineraries that didn't work for our schedules. Then it took forever for them to say they couldn't do what we were requesting.

We, stupidly, decided we would try to find air on our own and Silversea credited the $900 pp plus the $1398 pp back to our credit card.  Now we can't find anything close to those numbers.

Does anyone know if we can go back to Silversea and request air again and pay the money again?  I have tried reaching my Silversea agent and he is not getting back to me so I thought fellow cruisers might know the answer.  BTW...we have paid in full and our cruise in in September.

3 hours ago, lrcruising said:

We are booked on the Silver Moon and the fare included economy air (a $900 value pp).  We paid extra $699 pp per each way to upgrade to business.

They started by pricing 2 different itineraries that didn't work for our schedules. Then it took forever for them to say they couldn't do what we were requesting.

We, stupidly, decided we would try to find air on our own and Silversea credited the $900 pp plus the $1398 pp back to our credit card.  Now we can't find anything close to those numbers.

Does anyone know if we can go back to Silversea and request air again and pay the money again?  I have tried reaching my Silversea agent and he is not getting back to me so I thought fellow cruisers might know the answer.  BTW...we have paid in full and our cruise in in September.

Hi, I would try to call them again.....not sure if they will re-do it for you or not. Sorry they are not getting back to you.

I have always found them answering my questions very promptly.

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I would try to call them again.....not sure if they will re-do it for you or not. Sorry they are not getting back to you.

I have always found them answering my questions very promptly.

You got plenty of time to apologize. You can call them and ask to talk to the Silver Sky department. If the won't connect you directly to them the agent over the phone should be able to help. If you used some random travel agent you may be in trouble. 

I have never been successful in reaching the silver sky department. If it were me I would get on the phone and try and reach the booking agent again.

you may have an issue if the air promo has ended or if price has gone up.

if you aren't successful reaching the booking agent then you could try emailing special services and explain your plight.

i use a travel agent who will intervene on my behalf.

i know it's hindsight advice  but I always look up and price flights on my own first before I pay for the cruise. Most of the time Silversea does a better job with airfare. 

Having said that, they don't always offer the itinerary that works for us. 

We recently booked a cruise on the Spirit. We did it direct with SS. B/C airfares were included in the price. The usual ‘rider’ applied ... i.e. ‘pay before dd/mm to get the airfare offer’.

The consultant told us that we could do what we wanted up to the offer expiry date.

We booked without the offer, had a good look round and went back to SS and took up the offer before we paid. No penalty at all.

In fact the only issue with the way we did it was the fact that cometh the ‘pay by’ date, the offer did not expire ... it was extended ... so, subject to suite availability, the money could have just as well stayed in my bank account ... not theirs 🙄 

I've always done my own air but for May on the Cloud we took the Silversea offer.  How far in advance do you receive your flight schedule?  We've booked dinners, excursions, spa dates, etc. online already but the flight schedule listed cannot be correct as it for the wrong dates.  Any suggestions.

17 minutes ago, caradara said:

I've always done my own air but for May on the Cloud we took the Silversea offer.  How far in advance do you receive your flight schedule?  We've booked dinners, excursions, spa dates, etc. online already but the flight schedule listed cannot be correct as it for the wrong dates.  Any suggestions.

Hi, I am sailing in April and looking at my invoice---it says Nov 8th and the flights are on there.

I would call SS back since we are almost in Feb and make sure they have the correct dates:classic_smile:

Re my previous ... we were told they would contact us “about nine months” prior to departure to discuss flights as ours are not straight forward.

Having said that I will contact them beforehand .... just in case 🙄

Edited by MBP&O2/O

10 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Re my previous ... we were told they would contact us “about nine months” prior to departure to discuss flights as ours are not straight forward.

Having said that I will contact them beforehand .... just in case 🙄

Sorry, I guess I missed that post...…..9 months prior?....

We are traveling on my first Silversea to Europe in September this year. We upgraded to Business class for our flights.  I was originally told we could get out flights around 270 days out.  It is now around 230 days but I cannot seem to get any response from my Silversea consultant.  I want to make sure to get good flights but I do not want to be a big bother if waiting is no big deal. For most of you who get flights, how close to the cruise date do you usually book them?  Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by travelingbagheera

My upgraded return flight from Lima on Dec 8 2020 was sorted and confirmed at T- 308 days. (On the same date as the outbound flights was done.)

I was told it wouldn't be until 300 days to go that flights would be allocated, but this happened without a chase, early and was pretty impressed. We got the flights we had asked for. (No direct flights to London and there was no way we were going to endure 2 lots of passport control and security in a US airport on one day with a connecting flight home in the balance. 4 1/4 hours wasn't enough one time in Atlanta and vowed to avoid in future wherever possible this scenario. But that wasn't the reason.... Stress in US airports and expectations to leave your valuables and decanter into several separate containers with zero sight of them for 10 or 15 minutes (as I had to in FLL last March) is not acceptable and something I will avoid in the future.

Our flights are not yet ticketed, but there is a reservation and our details appear on ba.com with details we expected to see.

We received our flight info from Dubai back to USA.

Silversea has us going thru Canada to MIA with a short layover in Toronto  at 5 something in the morning.

Not acceptable. The flights are on air rouge and air Canada. 

There is a nonstop on Emirates. It would require us to spend a day and night in Dubai but here's the kicker. After already paying for business class we now have to pay 1500 plus more per person plus the hotel.

Still deciding.

3 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

We received our flight info from Dubai back to USA.

Silversea has us going thru Canada to MIA with a short layover in Toronto  at 5 something in the morning.

Not acceptable. The flights are on air rouge and air Canada. 

There is a nonstop on Emirates. It would require us to spend a day and night in Dubai but here's the kicker. After already paying for business class we now have to pay 1500 plus more per person plus the hotel.

Still deciding.

I'm flying on Air Canada from Dubai to Orlando via Toronto with Crystal's air. I didn't think it was unacceptable. Am I too agreeable or missing something?

Edited by Mahogany

1 hour ago, Mahogany said:

I'm flying on Air Canada from Dubai to Orlando via Toronto with Crystal's air. I didn't think it was unacceptable. Am I too agreeable or missing something?

We went back and forth with the Silversea air dept until we got what was acceptable for us.  We did have to pay extra but it was worth it for us.  Also we checked the same flights on our own that they were offering and Silversea was WAYYYYYY cheaper.

Mahogany

If I can avoid connecting flights I do it. I do not want to have to run to catch a flight in another terminal or go through customs lines and get baggage and transfer it etc etc.

In this case we had requested a nonstop flight and there is one, which we asked for.

Instead we were provided flights and ostensibly it was United Airlines. In fact it's Air Canada. Not my favorite and I speak from experiences.

We will probably end up paying the higher fee for the convenience of arriving home feeling like we had a vacation rather than an ordeal on our way home.