Electric power outlets on Viking Tir

herbanrenewal

5 minutes ago, kentchris said:

Viking's FAQ is a good place to start, it's lacking in some areas of interest but the bit about power outlets is quite comprehensive.

i've read that section of the FAQ and they have a lot of information like 4mm and prong descriptions, but when I'm buying adapters they categorize them as types, usually Type C is common in areas of Europe we have traveled, but I also see type N, E and F. I have C and N from other trips. I'm just trying to figure out if I need Type E or F. Also i know many newer ships have USB port adapters - if Tir has those I don't need any kind of adapter to charge my electronics. That is why I am asking if this ship has USB ports, or do i need an adapter i don't currently own. I actually called Viking but the sales person I spoke with couldn't answer this question - they did say I could probably buy what I needed in Europe - but i don't want to be on board and unable to charge my phone.

Does anyone know for sure what type plug or if there is USB charge ports on Viking Tir?

25 minutes ago, herbanrenewal said:

i've read that section of the FAQ and they have a lot of information like 4mm and prong descriptions, but when I'm buying adapters they categorize them as types, usually Type C is common in areas of Europe we have traveled, but I also see type N, E and F. I have C and N from other trips. I'm just trying to figure out if I need Type E or F. Also i know many newer ships have USB port adapters - if Tir has those I don't need any kind of adapter to charge my electronics. That is why I am asking if this ship has USB ports, or do i need an adapter i don't currently own. I actually called Viking but the sales person I spoke with couldn't answer this question - they did say I could probably buy what I needed in Europe - but i don't want to be on board and unable to charge my phone.

Does anyone know for sure what type plug or if there is USB charge ports on Viking Tir?

A type C adapter will go into an E or an F outlet. They all have 2 round plugs; the differences are the parts surrounding.

From googling "can I use a plug type c in a type e outlet"

Outlet Type C

Type C outlets generally run on 220-240V and are only usable for devices that use 2.5 amps or less. However, devices with Type C plug-ins also work in type E, F, J, K and N outlets.

If you go to the Viking website and look for Viking Tir it'll tell you what is in each cabin type.

Every cabin type is listed as having

110/220 volt outlets & USB ports

As standard in Viking Longships there are both USA type flat pin 110 sockets and European round holed 220V sockets, as well as USB sockets. Sockets are on the desk and by the bedside.

https://www.vikingrivercruises.com/ships/longships/viking-tir.html

They can be seen - albeit small - in the 360 tours of the rooms.

As you are coming from the USA you shouldn't need any adaptors (unless you are also staying in hotels pre/post cruise)

Edited by pontac

10 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

On the other hand, having adaptors will double the outlets that you have available to you.

Good point, but it's something else to carry. I suppose it depends on how many electrical things one brings, and how frequently they need charging.

Another reason for bringing a Euro adaptor is to use at the airport/s

1 hour ago, pontac said:

Good point, but it's something else to carry. I suppose it depends on how many electrical things one brings, and how frequently they need charging.

Another reason for bringing a Euro adaptor is to use at the airport/s

Simple adaptors take up almost no space or weight. Multi-adapters are much bigger and heavier.