Pearl.....Diet Tonic???

Berniecruiser53

6 minutes ago, Berniecruiser53 said:

We are sailing on the Pearl soon, we have never sailed NCl and am wondering if they carry Diet Tonic.  

Any other info on the Pearl would be great.

Thanks

Have not seen diet tonic on any menu on any NCL ship.

8 minutes ago, Berniecruiser53 said:

We are sailing on the Pearl soon, we have never sailed NCl and am wondering if they carry Diet Tonic.  

Any other info on the Pearl would be great.

Thanks

G&T is my drink and I have never been able to get a diet tonic on any NCL ship.

Tonic and Ginger Ale are products of Canada Dry and may or may not be canned/bottled under license by Pepsi.

As for DIET Tonic - I thought Tonic was a neutral beverage with no significant amount of anything

that could be construed to be DIET - now add the Gin or other alcohol and well there goes the diet ! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Tonic and Ginger Ale are products of Canada Dry and may or may not be canned/bottled under license by Pepsi.

As for DIET Tonic - I thought Tonic was a neutral beverage with no significant amount of anything

that could be construed to be DIET - now add the Gin or other alcohol and well there goes the diet ! 

Absolutely not.     Tonic has lots of calories.    If someone is watching their sugar or is diabetic or is watching calories, regular tonic would be an issue.    The only diet soda on the ships is Diet Pepsi.   

22 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

I believe you have "Club Soda" confused with "Tonic."  Club Soda has NO sugar, but Tonic can be loaded with sugar.

17 minutes ago, Vyhanek said:

The only diet soda on the ships is Diet Pepsi.   

And diet lemon- lime. Sierra Mist. At least it was available on Breakaway....I think in cans, not from the fountain gun.

Edited by blcruising

Apology - I never viewed Tonic Water to be a sugared beverage more of a sodium salty concoction -

Of course my drink of choice is not Gin & Tonic - to each his own the devil for us all !

My choice is an aged Scotch or something on the order of Woodford Reserve ! Something with AGE !

Something about Gin being a sort of paint thinner - Vodka being Russian water.

When I go into a bar I never order Scotch and WAWA !  LOL !

OP, if you have a medical need for low calorie products (eg diabetes) it might be possible to bring a case aboard if you call or email the accessible travel team.

I have no idea if they would agree to it but it's possible if there is a genuine need.

On 1/30/2020 at 2:39 PM, ziggyuk said:

OP, if you have a medical need for low calorie products (eg diabetes) it might be possible to bring a case aboard if you call or email the accessible travel team.

I have no idea if they would agree to it but it's possible if there is a genuine need.

Has anyone had success with this? I’d love a diet ginger ale and whisky....