Reprice an Onboard Booking while Still Onboard?

CruiserMickey

I am sailing on the Edge this coming week and will be booking a cruise while onboard. That’s a no-brainer. I can always use an extra $200 OBC. My dilemma is: can I reprice an onboard booking while I am still onboard, or would I have to wait to get home to do that? I believe the Double Savings starts again on Feb. 6, but I don’t want to wait to book in case I lose my preferred cabin which as of this writing is still available. Any thoughts or suggestions?

We too want to book when we are onboard next week.  The cruise that we are looking at went up several hundred dollars since the double savings event ended yesterday.  The new sale includes all 4 perks, but at a much higher cost, and we would prefer to have fewer perks and lower cost.  Do you know for sure that the double savings will come back on the 6th of Feb?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, swimmer722 said:

We too want to book when we are onboard next week.  The cruise that we are looking at went up several hundred dollars since the double savings event ended yesterday.  The new sale includes all 4 perks, but at a much higher cost, and we would prefer to have fewer perks and lower cost.  Do you know for sure that the double savings will come back on the 6th of Feb?

This has been shared on a couple of other threads. I have no authority to know if it’s will happen, but the promotions that have passed already have followed this chart.

I reprice one cruise yesterday...the price dropped $800 and we only lost one perk. I am hoping a similar price drop will happen when the next Double Savings occurs.

89C1D6D3-1F48-4C0F-B477-D1A5967060EB.jpeg

Edited by CruiserMickey

Hi

I booked onboard the reflection yesterday and re-priced it this morning as the new deal worked out better vs what we had yesterday, no problem and a very quick process 👍🏻

• Like 1

I don't know if this would matter, but it's worth considering: if you book onboard with the hopes of repricing while still onboard, you might want to be sure your booking is not yet assigned to a travel agent.

Our travel agent is a good friend who takes good care of us, so we tend to automatically assign onboard bookings to him. In this situation, we probably wouldn't, to make sure the on board agents could still control it.

1 minute ago, MamaFej said:

I don't know if this would matter, but it's worth considering: if you book onboard with the hopes of repricing while still onboard, you might want to be sure your booking is not yet assigned to a travel agent.

Our travel agent is a good friend who takes good care of us, so we tend to automatically assign onboard bookings to him. In this situation, we probably wouldn't, to make sure the on board agents could still control it.

Thank you that’s is a good point to note. In our case, we use a Celebrity Vacation Planner, so hopefully it will be ok to reprice while onboard?

2 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

That is a good point... we did ask the agent onboard to not send it over to our agent as I had a feeling I might need to re-price while still onboard, he said no problem, all I had to do was sign a form while there 👍🏻

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruiserMickey said:

Thank you that’s is a good point to note. In our case, we use a Celebrity Vacation Planner, so hopefully it will be ok to reprice while onboard?

I don't know. That's a good question for someone more knowledgeable about the process than I am.

Good luck.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CruiserMickey said:

You can reprice on board since the Celebrity Vacation Planner is a employee of Celebrity just as the staff in the future cruise office works for X.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were just in a B2B on Celebrity.  Booked a cruise on the first leg and the price dropped significantly during the 2nd leg.  I was informed that since I use a TA, I could have done it on board during the SAME cruise, but since this was the second leg I would have to have it adjusted with my TA.  Sent her an email while on the cruise and it was done immediately.

• Like 2