Disabled Veteran

damdifino

On 2/22/2020 at 9:53 PM, navybankerteacher said:

What does OP mean by “Disabled Veteran”?  Someone injured on duty and still living with it, or someone who served and who subsequently developed a disability which had nothing to do with military service?

With Vietnam War veterans (of which my husband is one), the use of agent orange has resulted in a number of subsequent medical issues which then results in a service connected disability.  For example, some soft tissue sarcomas (cancers) that develop in later life have been directly linked to agent orange exposure. My husband  almost 20 years post Vietnam developed a liposarcoma that required two resections so he is on 10% disability. And no, there is no discount for being a disabled veteran.

3 hours ago, lynncarol said:

With Vietnam War veterans (of which my husband is one), the use of agent orange has resulted in a number of subsequent medical issues which then results in a service connected disability.  For example, some soft tissue sarcomas (cancers) that develop in later life have been directly linked to agent orange exposure. My husband  almost 20 years post Vietnam developed a liposarcoma that required two resections so he is on 10% disability. And no, there is no discount for being a disabled veteran.

I will repeat, since apparently you missed it. My DD214 reads "medical disability incident to service." That means I became disabled as a result of, and during, my active duty. Rated at 100%.

On 2/19/2020 at 9:47 AM, skrufy said:

If you choose a military discount, your DD 214 is required as proof.

Other than when I first signed up for the program on Princess, I have never been asked to show proof of service.  Same goes for the other discounts I've received (residency and LE).  

• Like 1

Thanks for your service.

Unfortunately the military discount isn't always the best. Be sure to check other sales. Often if you use a military rate then you can't use any other specials (no stacking discounts) at least this is what we have found on Royal and Celebrity. 

On 2/28/2020 at 10:59 AM, damdifino said:

Medical disability incident to service, 100% rating.

19 hours ago, damdifino said:

I will repeat, since apparently you missed it. My DD214 reads "medical disability incident to service." That means I became disabled as a result of, and during, my active duty. Rated at 100%.

Actually, my response was not to you as you were very clear in your original post. It was to address another poster's question (which I quoted) about how disability is determined. I also wanted to remind Vietnam veterans that a number of current medical issues can be attributed to agent orange exposure, and as such, can qualify as a service connected disability.