Carnival sister lines VIP reciprocity?

Janman

13 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

When I was on the Splendor naming ceremony 10 years ago, we had dinner with a Carnival big wig, he told me about Jim Hanna (the guy they brought on board to straighten out the loyalty program --- and who now works for Royal).  He was so very excited about what he thought they were on the verge of doing with the loyalty program.  While it might not be so evident, the effort was substantial and it was looked at from many angles.  

There always was a plan for cruisers of the 9 lines to go back and forth (maybe not the same version you describe).  In a perfect world, it would be a great thing for me to enjoy the equivalent loyalty and level on a Cunard, Princess or any other of their lines but still sail on the brand we enjoy the most....Carnival.  Alas, it is not that way, and things will have to be fine just as they are now.  

I quite agree, Jim.

With the exception of early embarkation and debarkation and the P&D Drinkathon, in the Grand Scheme of things my Platinum status has zero effect on whether I cruise Carnival. I like Carnival because I know what is going to happen, no surprises. A mere 44 nights away from Diamond at age 80, there is a very good chance I'll not make Diamond. But, for it's "perks" I see very little difference between Platinum and Diamond.

However, a couple of weeks ago aboard the PANORAMA when my White Card was exposed some passengers were quick to note it was a MILESTONE card and NOT a Diamond. GEEEEEESH, elitist a little bit ?

All things said, this old fart will probably die on a Carnival ship provided they always have one on the West Coast. Will even have to pass on the Mardi Gras as I'm through with flying and all the walking that encompasses. If I make it to Diamond, fine, if not, that's fine too. It's been a good run . . . no regrets. 🙂

Edited by glrounds
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

When I was on the Splendor naming ceremony 10 years ago, we had dinner with a Carnival big wig, he told me about Jim Hanna (the guy they brought on board to straighten out the loyalty program --- and who now works for Royal).  He was so very excited about what he thought they were on the verge of doing with the loyalty program.  While it might not be so evident, the effort was substantial and it was looked at from many angles.  

There always was a plan for cruisers of the 9 lines to go back and forth (maybe not the same version you describe).  In a perfect world, it would be a great thing for me to enjoy the equivalent loyalty and level on a Cunard, Princess or any other of their lines but still sail on the brand we enjoy the most....Carnival.  Alas, it is not that way, and things will have to be fine just as they are now.  

Interesting insight. Thanks!

Still, while I don't have all of the facts, my time in business management still doesn't convince me that it is impossible. Was there a disagreement between leaders? What variables may be different now than they are 10 years ago? Remember, the Pinnacle design was scrapped a while back too because the mega ship concept just didn't seem feasible. Look at where we are now. Never say never.

Royal did it. Even though that is not necessarily the bar, and Carnival doesn't have to be like Royal, it at least is some indication that it isn't an impossible feat. No? I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

Interesting insight. Thanks!

Still, while I don't have all of the facts, my time in business management still doesn't convince me that it is impossible. Was there a disagreement between leaders? What variables may be different now than they are 10 years ago? Remember, the Pinnacle design was scrapped a while back too because the mega ship concept just didn't seem feasible. Look at where we are now. Never say never.

Royal did it. Even though that is not necessarily the bar, and Carnival doesn't have to be like Royal, it at least is some indication that it isn't an impossible feat. No? I could be wrong.

All good questions, Royal and Celebrity are two which makes the issues exponentially smaller and were more closely aligned perk wise (from my view anyway).  Impossible is a strong word, my view is too much baggage and pain to make it worthwhile.