How to Buy a Gift

RocketMan275

If you know their booking number, you can go on line and buy them a gift.

But, if you don’t know their booking number all you have to do is call the HAL indulgence  phone #, give their full names, ship and sailing date and they will process it for you.  They will also send you a confirming email so that if something goes wrong you can get it corrected.

I recently did it for friends on a Grand voyage and it went as smooth as silk.  

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

If you know their booking number, you can go on line and buy them a gift.

But, if you don’t know their booking number all you have to do is call the HAL indulgence  phone #, give their full names, ship and sailing date and they will process it for you.  They will also send you a confirming email so that if something goes wrong you can get it corrected.

I recently did it for friends on a Grand voyage and it went as smooth as silk.  

You can still book online even if you don't have the booking number.  There are 4 other ways to look up the reservation as shown below:

options.png

Make sure you save a copy of your receipt, my folks didn't get their gifts from us.

If I hadn't asked my parents how they enjoyed their dinner and wine, they wouldn't have known about it.

I sent them a forward of my receipt, they went to the front desk to get their gifts.

I bought some OBC for my Daughter in law and that showed up on her booking before the cruise.

6 hours ago, Brewgirl1 said:

Make sure you save a copy of your receipt, my folks didn't get their gifts from us.

If I hadn't asked my parents how they enjoyed their dinner and wine, they wouldn't have known about it.

I sent them a forward of my receipt, they went to the front desk to get their gifts.

That’s a good point.  I always ask for an email receipt and keep it in case.  I haven’t had an issue with gifts not being received but it can happen so wise to keep the email in case.

6 hours ago, Brewgirl1 said:

I bought some OBC for my Daughter in law and that showed up on her booking before the cruise.

I had a gift bought for me and it showed up on ‘my itinerary’ so I suspect if someone looks a their itinerary for their booking they will see it.  It doesn’t say who it’s from of course.

I only bought a gift for someone one time, but I seem to remember there was a check box asking if it was a gift. If so, checking that box may prevent the item from showing up on the itinerary before the cruise.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I had a gift bought for me and it showed up on ‘my itinerary’ so I suspect if someone looks a their itinerary for their booking they will see it.  It doesn’t say who it’s from of course.

We had the same experience as kazu. Children bought a floral arrangement and OBC for us. Appeared on itinerary when I next looked at it - no donor listed but had been alerted to possibility so it wasn't a complete surprise. Cards were in the stateroom confirming the gifts and from whom they were.