Queen Victoria recent guest speaker Lawrence Kuznetz

SS Warringtonia

After an interesting crossing to Fort Lauderdale and an extended stay by a week we have finally returned home.

one of the lecturers was Dr Lawrence Kuznetz who provided an interesting insight to his time working with NASA. His final lecture gave the audience a generous offer to receive the three books that he has written. He provided an email address (projected on the screen and a quick snap on my phone secured his email address) and said something like “here’s a gift to receive it, email me at ..............@GMAIL .COM”. Now never wishing to turn down a free gift and especially as I’m interested in space flight, I emailed him. My response was from a person at the same address who hadn’t a clue what i was talking about, so, is there anybody out there who was on the first leg of the South American voyage and has tried to do the same with better results? feel a bit sorry for the chap mistakenly receiving these!

I'd just let it go.  It probably seemed like a nice gesture at the time.  But in hindsight the expense of wrapping and mailing a set of three books to all who would take up the offer has to be considerable.  His assistant probably asked him what he was smoking or using at the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BlueRiband said:

I'd just let it go.  It probably seemed like a nice gesture at the time.  But in hindsight the expense of wrapping and mailing a set of three books to all who would take up the offer has to be considerable.  His assistant probably asked him what he was smoking or using at the time.

I suspect they are ebooks rather than physical books.

They are available on kindle unlimited if that helps.

Thank you all for your suggestions. This is the shot I took on my phone to make sure that I did indeed have the correct address- (the green underscore under the B is the Dr’s laser pointer)- so there’s no mistaking the correct email address. It’s a real mystery why an incorrect would be given. It sort of looks a strange address for such an eminent person don’t  you think? 

I’ve yet to check out the Kindle suggestion HH so will try that shortly, I understand that to use LinkedIn (which I am not involved with) you have to have a premium account (or similar).

FAAFDF43-97F0-43BB-B18A-075409C785BE.thumb.jpeg.e61c057b1f37b0d806b01caf92e1d894.jpeg

His facebook page includes a post from February 18, 2018 mentioning emailing him at "rktboy12345" at the email domain google.com rather than gmail.com, for a free copy of his book CASI's Guess. That post is about two years old now, so who knows, but just maybe that will yield better results for you.