Signature Beverage Package

CruisinShips

If a promo includes the Signature Beverage Package, does anyone know if one can pay the difference to upgrade it to Elite?  And if one has the SBP, do they simply charge the difference if you order a drink that is more than $11?

Thanks in advance!

We plan to upgrade when we get on next month, first thing actually. Our PCC said it should be fine and many people have had success doing it so not worried. 

No, sadly you can not just pay the difference in price. 

Edited by fatcat04

6 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

No, sadly you can not just pay the difference in price. 

That is correct, if you have the SBP and order a $15 drink you will be charged the full $15.

However, there are lots of drinks that fall under $11 threshold. Unless you insist on a premium ingredient in your drink, you shouldn't need the Elite BP.

15 minutes ago, Tom O. said:

That is correct, if you have the SBP and order a $15 drink you will be charged the full $15.

However, there are lots of drinks that fall under $11 threshold. Unless you insist on a premium ingredient in your drink, you shouldn't need the Elite BP.

Or want a larger wine selection. Also, some of the better whiskey and brandy options are above the $11 limit. But yes, most cocktails are $11 or under.

Is there a Complete drink menu onboard in any venues?  At one time, there was a booklet type menu that had many cocktails listed, not just the liquor available. I always saw it in the Crow’s Nest before the change there.    Now, there seems to be the speciality drinks in the BB King, and the Ocean Bar has their limited list, the Piano Bar/Rolling Stone menu etc.   I’d like to see a menu of Cocktails that can be made $11./under. Margarita, Mojito, White Russian, Daiquiri, Martinis (I think Ocean does these) etc.   please don’t direct me to Roger Jett - I love his site but it’s limited and I’ve looked. . .   Anyone know about a ‘secret’ list that exists?? 

50 minutes ago, Gigi1977 said:

Is there a Complete drink menu onboard in any venues?  At one time, there was a booklet type menu that had many cocktails listed, not just the liquor available. I always saw it in the Crow’s Nest before the change there.    Now, there seems to be the speciality drinks in the BB King, and the Ocean Bar has their limited list, the Piano Bar/Rolling Stone menu etc.   I’d like to see a menu of Cocktails that can be made $11./under. Margarita, Mojito, White Russian, Daiquiri, Martinis (I think Ocean does these) etc.   please don’t direct me to Roger Jett - I love his site but it’s limited and I’ve looked. . .   Anyone know about a ‘secret’ list that exists?? 

Nope. Not that we have found. Every bar was different and had a very limited list of drinks on the menu. That said, they made anything we asked for and assuming the base liquor, even if a better brand, was within the price range, it was covered. 

• Like 1

In every bar onboard, when you order any drink, be it a specialty "cocktail of the day" or a simple vodka and tonic, the drink is priced by the base alcohol that is in it.   The mixers and fruit are included.  So just look at the basic alcohols in the menus and that will be your drink price.    

Last I saw it was $15 + 15% gratuity ($17.25) pp/pd to upgrade from the SBP to the EBP. 

The promo SBP is calculated at the lowest price of $44.95 + 15% gratuity pp/pd. The Elite when bought (or upgraded to) onboard is $59.95 + 15% gratuity pp/pd.

You can outright pre-purchase the Elite Pkg online for a reduced amount but I can't recall off the top of my head the price. It can however be found on the HAL website in the pre-purchase area for your cruise under "beverages."

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Austink777 said:

If you have the elite beverage package does that include special events like martini tastings or craft beer events? I see on the itinerary that these are listed as an extra charge so wasn’t sure if it is covered or not. 

Any event that is $15 or less will count as one drink toward the days allowance. We do the Mixology classes because they are a hoot (the toasts can get a bit bawdy but it is all in good fun) and they count as one drink against our daily total... but we get our one drinks worth easily. Our experience has been the bartenders are very generous with their pours and if you really enjoyed one cocktail, you might even get a full size one at the end, no charge. YMMV. If you like the idea and book one, the Mixology classes can be standing room only so get there early!

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

Any event that is $15 or less will count as one drink toward the days allowance. We do the Mixology classes because they are a hoot (the toasts can get a bit bawdy but it is all in good fun) and they count as one drink against our daily total... but we get our one drinks worth easily. Our experience has been the bartenders are very generous with their pours and if you really enjoyed one cocktail, you might even get a full size one at the end, no charge. YMMV. If you like the idea and book one, the Mixology classes can be standing room only so get there early!

Thanks for the info!  It sounds like fun!