How far in advance?

I Luv Crusin

How far in advance does HAL post itineraries? I want to book a 10-14 day cruise in Oct. 07 for my DH's 50th birthday. Thanks!

That's a good question! I have had a '06-'07 Caribbean brochure for a couple of weeks that shows sailings and "list" prices through 2007, but nothing on the web site.

I want to book a March-April '07 cruise for our 20th anniversary but I guess I'll just have to wait. My TA said to try at the end of the month :confused:

We're trying to plan our 2007 vacation (maybe cruise) and it's been a challenge. Maybe it's because we're looking away from our standard Carribean cruises to other locations like the Med or South America or repositioning cruises but it seems much harder than in previous years. There's also been a lot of change. I can't remember the exact circumstances but my wife was lamenting that the Ryndam's 2007 schedule has changed considerably from previous brochures. But it's not just HAL. She keeps a spread sheet on her computer to compare cruises and cruises she spotted a few months ago and recorded she can no longer find. Sure, some may be sold out or gone to charter but it's actually quite a few. Seems the cruise lines are going through a fairly significant realignment and it's made planning a bit of a problem for us.

Every year around this time this board has this same discussion. It's gotta be at least the third year in a row that I remember it.

HAL consistently is slooooow to have it's itineraries available to study and book.

Every year we lament how slow they are. Supposedly, HAL reads this board. Every year nothing changes. :rolleyes:

And, ya know, as long as the cruises are sailing fully-booked there's no reason for HAL to change it's time frame, either!

You're probably right Ruth.....it's just bugging us more this year than in the past. DW has become totally hooked on cruising but used to be able to wait until after our booked cruise to plan the next. In fact, she was even a bit critical of me if I started researching our next cruise before we went on our booked cruise. Well....not this year....she must have spent 4-6 hours Saturday night researching and then calling me over to her computer to show me the latest and she's been researching for the past couple of months. I've created a "monster"!!! :D

You're probably right Ruth.....

Ooo, I just love it when a man says that!

I've created a "monster"!!!

Better than creating a "crab", eh? And just remember, she could be out stealing hubcaps. Or something else less savory. Ya know?

Archived