need help selecting cruise line please

sprint180

For those of you that have traveled with small children (5-12)  I am wondering what cruise line would you pick between, NCL, and Royal.  I have been on both but just looking for others opinions.  Of course I would love disney but Just can't afford it.  Would like your opinions please.

Thank you

Vicki

My choice would be RCI.  Great for families with venues and amenities for all ages along with one of the better kid's programs. And if your chosen itinerary would include CocoCay, the family options there since the redevelopment are like no other private destination. (CocoCay can get pricey, however).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

The 5 year old won't be old enough the many of the "kiddie"" attractions...but on either line, you will want a newer, larger ship for the 12 year old.

are you talking about on COCO cay?  

On Coco cay...

Does each thing cost or do you pay a fee for everything?   Is there a free beach to go to?

53 minutes ago, sprint180 said:

are you talking about on COCO cay?  

On Coco cay...

Does each thing cost or do you pay a fee for everything?   Is there a free beach to go to?

There are a number of things to do - including beach areas - that are complimentary.  But many of the water attractions carry a fee, as do some of the restaurants.  There is also now a private beach club with cabanas, restaurant, and pool that is for a fee.

CB is incorrect - there will be many activities on the ship as well as CocoCay for your 5 year old.  (They will not likely ever return to this thread to respond to you, which is why I did).

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

My children take my grandchildren on RCL and they love it.  From what I have been told (please note that this is not first-hand info) RCL is second only to Disney on amenities for kids.  The OP doesn't say if there are just two children (one 5 and one 12) or there are several children between those ages.  Perhaps the OP could check on the RCL boards as to what they have for a child as young as 5.