3-Night Specialty Dining Package on the Edge

outandabout

Thinking to buy the 3-night specialty dining package.   For those who's been on the Edge, which specialty restaurants have you been to and do you recommend?  The price of the package is from $137...do you think this is a good deal?   We would like to venture out of the main dining room menus and experience a different ambiance and food choices. 

Thanks.

5 hours ago, outandabout said:

Thinking to buy the 3-night specialty dining package.   For those who's been on the Edge, which specialty restaurants have you been to and do you recommend?  The price of the package is from $137...do you think this is a good deal?   We would like to venture out of the main dining room menus and experience a different ambiance and food choices. 

Thanks.

We enjoyed Fine Cut Steakhouse and Eden.  😋

Thank you for your recommendation, Texed.  I'll keep that in mind. 

I'm curious to know if anybody enjoyed Le Petit Chef and Friends for the "show". 

Johnmike1234,

We're sailing in April, and so I'll get that sorted out soon before it's sold out.  Incidentally, I came across this blog and has information about dining on the Edge.  You might want to check it out. 

https://eatsleepcruise.com/2019/01/celebrity-edge-restaurant-menus-and-guide/

We had the 4-night package. My thoughts ...

Eden is fantastic. Truly a culinary experience, not just a dinner. Check the menu to make sure it's to your liking, as there are just 2 choices for each course. Also, while not Specialty (so it's free), we also enjoyed the Eden Cafe for lunch. Great panini sandwiches and soups and you can eat inside or in a nice outdoor area overlooking the sea. It was much more relaxing than the buffet.

Petit Chef was very creative and fun. The show was clever and entertaining for all of us (e.g., it's not just fun for kids). Steakhouse was delicious and what you would expect. The only one we were left saying, "meh" was the Rooftop Garden, which seemed more like standard bar and grille food to us.

Thank you for your input, Porterhouse248.  It looks like Eden and Petit Chef would be a great choice.  For the third one, it's still undecided whether it's Fine Cut Steakhouse or Raw 5.  My husband loves meat more than I do and I love seafood (sushi) more than he does. 

If I sign up for the dining package now online, can I change my selections at a later time?  I'm not sure how to check the Eden's menu ahead of time. 

Also, have taken note of Eden Cafe at lunch.  Definitely, we'll do that on one of the two sea days.  

Edited by outandabout

Please be aware, if you go with the package you might find Eden and Fine Cut a tough time to get into before 9:00.  For our upcoming April cruise we’ve booked Eden once and Fine Cut twice as well as Rooftop twice, no package.  Eating at 9, 9:30 or 10 isn’t appealing.

Edited by Oville

6 minutes ago, Oville said:

Please be aware, if you go with the package you might find Eden and Fine Cut a tough time to get into before 9:00.  For our upcoming April cruise we’ve booked Eden once and Fine Cut twice as well as Rooftop twice, no package.  Eating at 9, 9:30 or 10 isn’t appealing.

I agree.   There are certain days when FCS is not heavily booked and days when we could not get into FCS.  The gems were when FCS was not heavily booked.  When FCS is not heavily booked you may get a seat that is close to the window.  A gigantic plus in my book.

Edited by NMTraveller

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I agree.   There are certain days when FCS is not heavily booked and days when we could not get into FCS.  The gems were when FCS was not heavily booked.  When FCS is not heavily booked you may get a seat that is close to the window.  A gigantic plus in my book.

Agree back and I think you were on a longer European cruise.  On the 7 night Caribbean Cruises good luck with Eden or FC before 9:00 if you don’t pre book.

Edited by Oville