New Tamarind menu

smlcruisers

Thank you. I saw this one but couldn’t believe they cut it back so much! What happened to water, wood, fire and earth? 😕 Happy that my 2 favorite items are still on the menu. And some of the new dishes sound very good. 

We are just off the Eurodam and we ate in the Tamarind 3 times.  The menu varied A LOT from the one posted above.  I don't have a photo, but it was definitely different--broken down into Wood, Fire, Earth, and Water categories with 4 entrees in each section.  We found the food to be excellent.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OHCruiser said:

We are just off the Eurodam and we ate in the Tamarind 3 times.  The menu varied A LOT from the one posted above.  I don't have a photo, but it was definitely different--broken down into Wood, Fire, Earth, and Water categories with 4 entrees in each section.  We found the food to be excellent.

We will be on the Eurodam Hawaii next month and are looking forward to eating in the Tamarind at least 4 times using our 5* Mariner discount..  The Volendam did a Tamarind pop up on our Amazon cruise last Nov.-Dec.  Food was great but the kitchen couldn't get it together with 30-45 minute waits between courses.  We were never charged for the evening.

Sorry to hear that the menu has been altered, but we will still love it!

Karen

• Like 1

It sounds like some ships are "testing" new menus and some still have the menu we've known and loved. I'm ok with changing menus.  For frequent cruisers, It's always nice to see some changes -  it's a fun time to experiment! And as HAL has always allowed in all their fee restaurants, you can order multiple appetizers and sides to fill the palette! Celebrate! 

• Like 1

I think the new menus are on the Pinnacle class ships that have the separate sushi bar. The Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam Tamarinds may not have that yet and are using the "old" menus. 

Can anyone with recent Tamarind experiences on both ship classes clarify? 

Thanks!