What happens when embarkation ports are changed?

Ombud

Do you get to keep the same stateroom? Are you still paid in full? (Just paid off my HK to Sydney cruise). FWIW I'm fine with the possible change to Japan. Tried calling Princess but couldn't get thru. Wondering if anyone experienced this. I know what happens when it's cancelled but what if itinerary just changes? 

7 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Do you get to keep the same stateroom? Are you still paid in full? (Just paid off my HK to Sydney cruise). FWIW I'm fine with the possible change to Japan. Tried calling Princess but couldn't get thru. Wondering if anyone experienced this. I know what happens when it's cancelled but what if itinerary just changes? 

Never experienced this issue...but:

Why would your cabin change (assuming it's the same ship)?

Why would you expect to have to pay more $$? Maybe, different port fees would be assessed or refunded depending on the different ports.

8 minutes ago, Ombud said:

My assumption was that my air & hotel would change but a friend says that it would cancel, refund, rebook. I've got a killer price and don't want to lose it. 

Did you book with a TA? You need to talk to Princess can you email them? I am having trouble getting through as well.