Celebrity/RC drinking age limits? European cruises?

LSKC

We are in Canada and the drinking age here is 18/19 depending on your province. No drinking at all on a cruise is a deal breaker for my older children. We are looking at Med cruises with Celebrity or Royal Caribbean for next summer (2021) - at that time they would be 18 and 20.5 yrs old.

What are the rules for drinking on ship? Would be a med cruise like Spain/Italy/Greece.

Thanks

57 minutes ago, pl281 said:

Short answer is 21, however when sailing from a country where the age is lower - you need to fill out / sign the form linked below

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Alcohol_Waiver_Celebrity.pdf

Thank you. I had read on some cruiselines the waiver limits to wine and beer (which my kids do not enjoy) - don't see any mention of limitation of types of alcohol if waiver is signed.... mixed alcohol drinks such as mojito's, pina colada's, etc are more to all of our liking.

20 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

We have sailed Celebrity several times from Rome & Venice and no form was needed as the legal drinking age is 18

ok. good to know, thank you.

My DD (now 21) has had a premium alchol package everytime she has sailed since she was 18 and never had a problem being served cocktails or spirits. We only ever sail in Europe and have never had to complete any sort of forms to give our consent 

• Like 1

Here is what Celebrity say on their website:

The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on Celebrity Cruises ships sailing from North America and Dubai is 21. The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on Celebrity Cruises ships sailing from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is 18. In certain circumstances where local laws permit or require, Celebrity Cruises may modify this policy which may also require parent/ guardian request/authorization. Guests may contact Guest Relations or refer to Celebrity Today for specific minimum drinking age information on their cruise vacation.”

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 6:41 PM, pl281 said:

Short answer is 21, however when sailing from a country where the age is lower - you need to fill out / sign the form linked below

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Alcohol_Waiver_Celebrity.pdf

Incorrect I’m afraid!  The age is 18 and no waiver form has been needed for years... and I mean many years!