Orlando, warm enough to swim in early March?

NoWhiners

Hi all

I recall being in Florida at times when it has been a little too cool to swim but not which month. We will be going to Universal Orlando the first week in March and love doing the water rides and want to try Cabana Bay, but if it's not warm enough that could be a bad day!

Any locals/others have any ideas? I know weather is variable but in general, is it warm enough at least for the water rides?

Thanks

ML

You need to check the weather on line before you head out....I would suggest putting in "10 days" and it will bring

up temps for that timeframe.  I agree with the previous poster. It can change--quickly.

issue is WATER TEMP vs air .....

I can tell you that today the air was mid 70's and tomorrow is supposed to hit 80's

BUT

there's been plenty of cold nights too and my pool water is 68 .... air temp changes FAST ... water temp not so .... I don't see 20 degrees one day temp swings in my pool EVEN WITH the solar heater ..... 😉

I have family in Wisc' who visits in March and they'll jump in the pool .... lakes up there never get much warmer than 72 .... I won't go in the pool until over 85

Some of the Orlando water parks have heated water ... Discovery Cove does .... and many Orlando Water parks have closed during recent cold snaps because of COLD . . . Aquatica ... Blizzard Beach ....

folks from up north don't think Florida gets cold ..... we have an electric blanket!!!!!  😁

Thanks everyone for the replies. I have been checking the 10-day forecast but that it is still a few weeks out before we arrive there.  I did read that the water parks had all closed for a few days recently--I never thought that could happen 😁

Electric blanket in Florida--wow! But, is that when the temps drop below 70, like in Phoenix?  (just kidding)

I guess we will check the temps the days we go and keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks again.