which cruise to pick....

kayjay76

Hi all! Just got back and planning next year! So... we have 3 choices and I'm curious what you all think. We're looking at late Jan, early Feb for 2021. We travel with at least 40 in our group, no kids. All balcony or above rooms. All prices close, maybe 100-200 difference for just cruise fare

choice 1. Epic out of San juan: never sailed the epic. would loveeeeeeee to do this itinerary which would be new to us. But flying from Boston/RI to San juan not sure how easy and if there is non stop flights, still looking. Really Hate the cabin set ups. We have quite a few non couples and can't see the bathroom setup for these people. The cabin issue is our #1 worry with this boat.

choice 2. getaway out of miaimi: super easy, been out of Miami before, been on the getaway before was refurbished. Western itineray, have done it before and loved the stops so repeat is ok with us. Cheap as far as flight n hotels. So easiest of the 3 choices.

choice 3. Breakaway out of New orleans: just got off the Breakaway few days back, out of port canaveral. Same western itinerary as we did 2 years back and loved so ok with that. Never been out of New Orleans and are a bit worried of flight prices, hotels and would go at least 2 days before to explore. Price for this would be much higher because of pre-cruise expenses. and im a bit scared with such a large group and lagestics. We'd be going the week before Mardi Gras starts Feb 7-14th so staying there 5th and 6th, flying home the 14th  

So, what would you do?

Edited by kayjay76

choice 1. Epic out of San juan: never sailed the epic. would loveeeeeeee to do this itinerary which would be new to us. But flying from Boston/RI to San juan not sure how easy and if there is non stop flights, still looking. Really Hate the cabin set ups. We have quite a few non couples and can't see the bathroom setup for these people. The cabin issue is our #1 worry with this boat.

WHAT in the world were the planners at NCL thinking????

51 minutes ago, kayjay76 said:

Hi all! Just got back and planning next year! So... we have 3 choices and I'm curious what you all think. We're looking at late Jan, early Feb for 2021. We travel with at least 40 in our group, no kids. All balcony or above rooms. All prices close, maybe 100-200 difference for just cruise fare

choice 2. getaway out of miaimi: super easy, been out of Miami before, been on the getaway before was refurbished. Western itineray, have done it before and loved the stops so repeat is ok with us. Cheap as far as flight n hotels. So easiest of the 3 choices.

choice 3. Breakaway out of New orleans: just got off the Breakaway few days back, out of port canaveral. Same western itinerary as we did 2 years back and loved so ok with that. Never been out of New Orleans and are a bit worried of flight prices, hotels and would go at least 2 days before to explore. Price for this would be much higher because of pre-cruise expenses. and im a bit scared with such a large group and lagestics. We'd be going the week before Mardi Gras starts Feb 7-14th so staying there 5th and 6th, flying home the 14th  

So, what would you do?

JetBlue and Spirit both fly BOS-SJU non-stop right now.

As for the bathroom weirdness, there's a curtain to close off the bathroom area. Nevertheless, yeah, that's a no from me. I am in fact booked in an Epic balcony on the southern Caribbean route next December, but I'm traveling solo. Traveling with my spouse, it would be okay, but with friends? Nope.

It could be worse. I stayed in a hip & happening hotel in downtown San Diego where the bathroom had one of those barn doors. There was a nice big gap to let through both audio and video! Thank goodness that was another solo stay.

With such a large group, I'd pick the cruise out of Miami with its well-developed cruise passenger infrastructure and easy flights.

3 hours ago, gigito2 said:

WHAT in the world were the planners at NCL thinking????

Exactly!! I have no idea what design person said hey.... this is a good idea! loll. Not to mention in some of the cabins the sink is literally 2 feet from the side of the bed. I'm really surprised when they refurbished they didn't fix the cabin flaws. And we have been waiting 2 years for them to throw another boat on that itinerary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kayjay76 said:

Exactly!! I have no idea what design person said hey.... this is a good idea! loll. Not to mention in some of the cabins the sink is literally 2 feet from the side of the bed. I'm really surprised when they refurbished they didn't fix the cabin flaws. And we have been waiting 2 years for them to throw another boat on that itinerary.

Lots of hotels in Europe have the same type of bathroom design. It is mostly people from the US that have problems with it. They just laugh at us.