Best "pay as you go" beach stop

Jones76

Hi All, 

Will be docking in Cozumel on Harmony of Seas on March 6th, we are 2 adults and 2 young kids (6 & 7 yo). 

As we are on a budget, we are looking for a nice clean beach with loungers (free or close to free) preferably with a restaurant/bar where I can order a few snacks. We wont be eating full course meals, and dont need an AI. 

I dont mind if its small or large, with or without activities/toys, as long as the water is clean & clear and the sand nice!

Thanks

On 2/10/2020 at 5:07 PM, Jones76 said:

Hi All, 

Will be docking in Cozumel on Harmony of Seas on March 6th, we are 2 adults and 2 young kids (6 & 7 yo). 

As we are on a budget, we are looking for a nice clean beach with loungers (free or close to free) preferably with a restaurant/bar where I can order a few snacks. We wont be eating full course meals, and dont need an AI. 

I dont mind if its small or large, with or without activities/toys, as long as the water is clean & clear and the sand nice!

Thanks

We went to Playa Palancar last year.  It's the farthest from town, which means the cab ride may be a little more expensive, but it'll also be less crowded that ones closer to the piers.

There was no charge for chairs, but just expect you to buy something, which we did.  A couple of beers then we had lunch and it was good.   It was a nice beach and very low key.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, shaneandpamela said:

Look at Money Bar.  It has become our go-to for spending time on the water.   Great snorkeling from the pier (rocky beach) with great food and drinks.

We also like Money Bar, but not sure it is a good suggestion for two kids ages 6 & 7.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mrpayroll said:

Paradise beach would be great with the kids.

X2 We have been twice before with our kids that are a bit older. As others posted, cheap and quick taxi ride, $3 PP to get in, and great service good food and the cocktails are awesome!!

Mike

14 hours ago, JohninDC said:

We also like Money Bar, but not sure it is a good suggestion for two kids ages 6 & 7.

I see kids there all the time.  Not sure what would keep them from not having fun there.  Enough sandy area away from the main restuarant to play in.  If the kids are swimmers, the pier is fun...  But you do you.

We like Paradise Beach.  The pool is nice, there are water toys (for an additional fee - I think $12 each) if your kids are comfortable playing out in the ocean.  The wait staff is attentive but not pushy.  It is $3 each for your lounger and umbrella, and they ask that you spend $10 each on food and drink (total - so $40 for the four of you).  Check out their website and look at the menu.