Flight out of LAX after Carnival Panorama cruise

mslhb

So I was booked on a late afternoon direct flight out of LAX the day our Panorama cruise ends 5/30/20. AA cancelled the direct flight and we are rebooked on connecting one that leaves at 1:05pm. Is that enough time?

1 PM should be doable, but do keep in mind that the traffic is very, VERY chaotic at the Long Beach terminal on Saturdays. The debarkation of 4,500-5,000 passengers goes on much longer that with the other, smaller ships, and hence arriving passengers are there same time with the first departing passengers. The loop around the parking structure is often all backed up.

Are you able to self-assist yourself and your luggage off the ship? If so, you should be fine. Wouldn't risk the 1 PM flight to be honest if debarking late, requiring porter assistance and having to deal with any traffic on 710/405 on the way to LAX. Then again I like to be at airports 1.5-2 h before the departure.

When I cruised in December, I did the self-assist in the early flight group.  I was off of the ship at 7:45.  Traffic was fine until we got to the airport.  Long lines to check in bags.  Longest pre-check line I have ever been in, but much better than the regular line.  Had to take a shuttle to my terminal.  I was in front of my gate at 9:45 am.

I am not sure how long it would have taken if I had not done self-assist.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

When I cruised in December, I did the self-assist in the early flight group.  I was off of the ship at 7:45.  Traffic was fine until we got to the airport.  Long lines to check in bags.  Longest pre-check line I have ever been in, but much better than the regular line.  Had to take a shuttle to my terminal.  I was in front of my gate at 9:45 am.

I am not sure how long it would have taken if I had not done self-assist.

Good to know that the traffic isn't too bad for early flight self-assist group. I am usually there after 9 AM if I work a Saturday shift, and already by then it's very chaotic. If I am being dropped off, I just tell to leave me at Queen Mary or behind the parking structure to avoid the traffic. The debarkation has lately been going on until 11:30, or even 12:00. By midday on the three and four day cruises on Inspiration and Imagination, the first people have usually already boarded!

• Like 1