Chef's Table Q: Should I get maitre 'd confirmation email?

Eli_6

In the past, I have always gotten an email form the maître'd after booking the Chef's table within a day or two of the booking confirming the booking.  This time, I have not gotten that email from the maître 'd.  However, Carnival now requires us to pre-pay so I wonder if that is our "receipt" and why I have not gotten the confirmation email.  Just wanted to know if anyone who has recently booked a Chef's Table on one of their sailings and still got the maître d email?  

Part of the reason for my confusion is my gift card was charged for 2 people ($177) and my online reservation says for 2 people, but the Carnival website says I only paid for one. I called their 1-800 number and the guy told me it was just a "computer glitch" which seemed just like an excuse to get me off the phone.

We are booked for March on Horizon and had to prepay but never got email from maitre d either. Last cruise on the Breeze I pre-paid and then they also charged by S & S.  Another reason to also check tab really well before debarkation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1