Spa

yvrbos

My sister is treating me to some spa service while we are aboard the Summit. I am excited. Does anyone know what services that the spa offers and their prices? Is it cheaper while in port? Can you book ahead of time? (I can’t seem to see it when I login to my booking)

Is it true that the company running the spa currently will change?

In port there is usually a discount on different services.  The spa on summit I believe currently is Canyon Ranch and it will be switching over to One Spa World.  Its a full service spa offers many different types of services, different types of massages and facials.  There are alot of specialty ones.  The pricing is much more than land based, but your a captive audience  Found a couple years ago pricing that my give you an idea of pricing.  probably a few dollars more now 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4890/

spa pricing.pdf

There will be an "open house" on embarkation day. Go to it. Look around. Usually there's a drawing for free services. Anyone who stays for the talk before the drawing gets a discount coupon if they don't win a prize. My sister and law and I got a coupon for a free "extra service" with any massage. 

On sea days they will often have pop up mini massages outside of the buffet or on the pool deck. I always stop to talk to them. I'll try a couple of the different therapists and if I find one I like I will talk about booking with her. If I'm offered a discount I will get her card and ask her to write the offer on her card. That way I KNOW it will be honored if I book it. It's hard to prove after the fact. I also make sure I see the pricing on my service before I go in for it. Not saying they do it on purpose, but there have been times when it's higher than quoted and it's hard to prove otherwise afterward. Keep any coupons or offers and bring them with you to the appointment.

Prices are similar to prices of upscale spas in U.S. hotels and land resorts. However, the prices on the ship are for the spa services only; they don’t include use of the Persian Garden amenities. 

The spa has specials on embarkation day and port days, and the staff seemed willing to make deals when I was on the Summit in November. There was a good deal offered on massages on embarkation day. I think it was 80 minutes for the price of 50. My friend and I wanted to get massages on a port day, and the manager agreed to give us the embarkation-day special on the port day when we wanted to come. When we actually had our massages, my friend’s therapist offered her the same deal if we wanted to come back the next day. So based on that experience, I would suggest asking for what you want and trying to make a deal if you’re willing to go at a less popular time.

Enjoy!