Formal Attire

23 hours ago, slester said:

It’s very disappointing the way some people dress on formal nights. When you’re sitting at a group table, you should show a little respect for others. While I don’t wear my tux anymore, I wear at least a jacket and tie on formal nights. We request not to be seated at a table with anyone wearing shorts or a t-shirt. They always accommodate us. 

Why do you care what other people wear?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, constable145 said:

He believes respect is based on what people wear at the dinner table.  I prefer table mates who are kind and decent.  Wouldn’t care what they wear.  The only thing about their appearance that I would care about is hygiene.  I couldn’t sit next to someone who is dirty and stinks. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, constable145 said:

Trey420 nailed it. It shouldn’t matter to you what I think. It’s just an opinion. Apparently, I’m the only one who feels this way anyway.

Look...I’m a golfer. Most golf courses have a dress code too. No to t-shirts, jeans, cut-offs, etc. I dress appropriately on the golf course too. The person in a t-shirt is probably really nice and certainly a much better golfer but, much like on formal night, I feel the look cheapens my experience.

Judging from the comments here, I’m a frumpy, hopeless, rule-obeying nerd so you definitely shouldn’t care what I think. 😀

• Like 3