Sushi Making Class

My teens did it last April and they loved it. They made several rolls and had a lot of fun. They weren't able to finish what they made. On Ovation last April they could not take the leftovers with them, but I have heard you sometimes can. 

They felt it was worth it. Both of them and my 10 year old will be doing it again in the fall. I would like to do it myself at some point. I have made sushi before so I don't know that I need a class but it looks like you get a lot for the $35. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fldogmassage said:

Has anyone done the sushi making class? Was it worth it? Fun? Any details appreciated

Yes, I did this on the Explorer last fall on the New England/Canada Cruise.  It was totally worth it.  Tip:  Do not eat a heavy breakfast.  Have something light because you will need an appetite to eat what you made.  We made a lot and it was delicious.  This class was scheduled at 10:30 am.  We had to eat what we made there.  We were not allowed to take any of it out of Izumi  once the class was finished.  We were allowed to bring someone in to help eat it all so I had to go find my DH to help me consume some of the rolls, etc. that I made.  If I do this class again, I will skip the breakfast.  This will be my breakfast/lunch.

• Like 1

I did it last summer on Anthem and I had no problem eating it all!  😋  People in our class were allowed to take any leftovers w/ them but that seems to vary from ship to ship.  I enjoyed it so much I'm taking it again on Grandeur this summer (got a great deal when price briefly came down to $28).

• Like 1

I did it on Allure and it was fun.  I love sushi and I skipped  breakfast so I was able to finish all of it, but then I didn't eat much dinner.

I'm on Oasis in November and I plan to do it again.

Edited by mek