What time will we be off the ship?

smogfarmgirl

I posted this in Florida Departures, but since this is a Celebrity ship, I thought you guys might specifically have a better idea how long deembarkation takes...

I need to book return tickets on the Brightline departing Miami. Our ship (Celebrity Infinity) docks at 7AM, and we plan to eat breakfast, drag our feet getting off, lol. Any thoughts about when we’ll be off the ship if we leave leisurely, how long Lyft will take to get the the Brightline station, and how early we should be for our train?

We have ticket options for 10:40, 11:40, 12:40, etc. 

This is all new to us, so any info and thoughts are helpful!

If you self disembark (carry your own luggage) you will generally be off the ship and through immigration by about  7:30 unless there is a problem.  If regular departure it will depend on your assigned group but no later than 9:00  I personally would shoot for the 11:40 flight.   

I've never taken the Brightline trains, but assuming that there's no extensive security lineup, you should be able to make the 10:40 with time to spare. Google Maps says it's a 9 minute ride from the cruise port to the station, but that might vary with the day of the week and what's going on in Miami.

43 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you self disembark (carry your own luggage) you will generally be off the ship and through immigration by about  7:30 unless there is a problem.  If regular departure it will depend on your assigned group but no later than 9:00  I personally would shoot for the 11:40 flight.   

Like I said though, we plan to eat breakfast on the ship and take our time. We aren’t in a hurry to get anywhere. What time will we be “kicked off the ship” for lack of a better term?😁

Edited by smogfarmgirl

They expect you out of your room by 8am.  They assign you a group based on your travel times.  You are also assigned a place to wait until your group is called.  Luggage is offloaded from the ship in that order and is staged in the terminal.  You pick up your bags and go through Customs to re-enter the country.  The last groups are usually called by about 9a.  Many caveats to that, but that's the overall process.

Alternatively, you can take all your own luggage off the ship yourself and walk off, but they expect you to do that before the others.  That is the self-disembark process Jim_Iain is referencing.  That option is best for people with early flights because they're rushing to be somewhere. 

Unfortunately, it's not a very leisurely way to end a vacation.  Can be a rather rude awakening, honestly.  However, they have to clean all of the rooms and prepare the ship to let the next few thousand people board.  Only so many hours in a day.

• Like 1