Drinks package - priced per day or night?

siforest65

2 minutes ago, siforest65 said:

Looking at taking the drinks package for our cruise in April. It’s 12 nights, so 13 days with embarkation and disembarkation days included. Will the drinks package be charged at x12 or x13 ?

Some bars and restaurants are open on embarkation day, but not for disembarking passengers. And your bills will be processed the night before, so I am not sure it is possible to charge/adjust the bar tab on disembarkation day. So my guess is that it will be for 12 days. 

1 minute ago, Bigmike911 said:

Some bars and restaurants are open on embarkation day, but not for disembarking passengers. And your bills will be processed the night before, so I am not sure it is possible to charge/adjust the bar tab on disembarkation day. So my guess is that it will be for 12 days. 

That’s what I think and hope but someone posted on a Facebook group that they class disembarkation as a full day with drinks package pricing.

We've never been charged for disembarkation day when we've purchased drinks packages. We purchase the basic soda package for $10 per day and are charged $70 on 7-night transatlantic crossings on QM2 when we purchase the package on embarkation day. You should be charged for 12 days if you purchase the package on embarkation day. You also have the option to purchase the package on the second day of the voyage in which case you should be charged for 11 days.

Edit to add a quote from the Terms and Conditions document for the Beers, Wines & Spirits option:

"The Beers, Wines & Spirits Option applies to every day a guest is sailing other than day of disembarkation ..."

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant, thank

27 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

We've never been charged for disembarkation day when we've purchased drinks packages. We purchase the basic soda package for $10 per day and are charged $70 on 7-night transatlantic crossings on QM2 when we purchase the package on embarkation day. You should be charged for 12 days if you purchase the package on embarkation day. You also have the option to purchase the package on the second day of the voyage in which case you should be charged for 11 days.

Edit to add a quote from the Terms and Conditions document for the Beers, Wines & Spirits option:

"The Beers, Wines & Spirits Option applies to every day a guest is sailing other than day of disembarkation ..."

Brilliant, thankyou